• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Add extra characters to PM without BrawlEx?

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
My problem with BrawlEx is that it currently has a bug with Mr. Game&Watch (G&W's rapid jab does not work), and my most frequent play partner mains G&W. So, since the PM devs were apparently able to add a couple new character slots, is there a way to do what they did, and add more without the BrawlEx mod? I only want to add 2 or 3.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
My problem with BrawlEx is that it currently has a bug with Mr. Game&Watch (G&W's rapid jab does not work), and my most frequent play partner mains G&W. So, since the PM devs were apparently able to add a couple new character slots, is there a way to do what they did, and add more without the BrawlEx mod? I only want to add 2 or 3.
That method is very difficult to implement, IIRC.
This is one of the times I wish the PMDT did an easier way to officially add characters to PM.

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to take the time to learn if some wise guru will point me in the right direction.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Problem is, there is no wise guru (maybe pytor? But he's too busy anyways). I think it is something that might be lost forever.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Problem is, there is no wise guru (maybe pytor? But he's too busy anyways). I think it is something that might be lost forever.
You might be right unfortunately. Only the PMDT really knows how they did what they did. I imagine it's functionally very similar to BrawlEX, given that it seems to do more or less the same thing, but we still don't know for certain. We don't know (and very well may never know) much about a lot of the processes by which they accomplished all that they did. They're sorta legendary in that sense.

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
Guess I'm just gonna have to wait for somebody to fix G&W in brawlEx then. =/

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
Lightbulb!

Doesn't the leaked dev build have extra slots for Lyn, Isaac and Kunckles? Couldn't I just use that and replace them with whatever?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Lightbulb!

Doesn't the leaked dev build have extra slots for Lyn, Isaac and Kunckles? Couldn't I just use that and replace them with whatever?
Then you'd also have to replace the other characters with their 3.6 versions (probably lunchables build version of the PM characters if the build gets tournament support with community celebration and making that build the standard if that happens.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/532xv3/regarding_the_lunchables_build/ https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/52rzmw/the_future_of_pm_give_your_opinion_and_read_the/)

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Bumping because I'm also interested if there was any progress on fixing the jab glitch. I double checked the .pac files in PSA but they look the same between the PM+BX and vanilla versions (though please double check me on that).

Maybe the same RA-Bit that the jab uses to IASA into itself is being interfered with the BX code somehow?

Top Bottom