• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Achieving the Challenges!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The other day I was bored in home, so I randomly checked the Vault. I saw the Challenge Board and I said "why not?", and I started make some of them.

Anyways, I'm not going to tell a "cool story, bro" tale, I'm going straight to my point: I've made this thread in order you post tips for those people that want to try and completing the Challenges.

It's just about posting some tips for completing any modes (100-man Brawl, 5-minute Brawl, Boss Battles, Classic, etc.), Stickers, Music or whatever you consider could be useful. OP will be updated as things come out.

HACKING/CHEATING IS NOT ALLOWED!!
And using hammers is not an option for this thread...

I hope you can help.
(and that this thread don't get closed...)

BurningSoul

Smash Cadet
I learned a technique with Ike on how to get 5 or more kills in cruel brawl from youtube, surprisingly it worked quite well, got over 10 kills.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I think everyone really dismissed my point.
Does anyone understood what I was trying to say with "Challenge Board"?
The one with trophies and CD's that you unlock through making certain things ("Clear SSE", "Play with X 20 times", "Clear X with all characters" and such), right?

Knuckles_Fan

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else think the challenge that asks you to complete boss battles with all characters is extremely harsh? I mean you unlock a prize for completing it with just one character, and suddenly, they tell you that every character has to complete it just so you can unlock a stupid Blue Alloy Trophy. I remember when I had trouble on Melee using DKs down-b attack endlessly. But no, now you have to do it with every ****ing character.

Does anyone have any tips for this ridiculous challenge? I'm not asking you to list strategies for every character, but maybe just good ones to get me going with the challenge?

I'll reward you with many e-cookies if you give me a few hints ;)

D1RE

Smash Cadet
Boss battles with all chars is easy. You put it on the easiest difficulty and just kill them, no magic. Once you know their movement pattern it's easy.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's the easiest way to achieve it. Yet, you must do them in every diffculty (but normal? I can't remember...).
Learn bosses patterns (although, they won't perform some attacks in lower difficulties) to avoid them, on very hard and intense you most likely mustn't be hitted. And my last tip is on thatis that most fast consecutive aerials are more effective against them that strong single hits.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I dont really know about doing the challenges, i only got the cds using cd factory(I was lazy xD)
But anything else i got through getting characters, playing on stages 10 or 15 times...
i dont really do challenges anymore, unless i get something by accident
Like how i got a theme music for snake's stage for playing on
Shadow Moses Island 15 times(My count)

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
The Multiman Challenges can be harsh, but here's a few simple tips that might help.

1. Use your main: Unless your main is bad in crowds (Gannondorf, DK (kinda), or D3 (again only kinda, I did the 100 in endless with him). Your main is the character you're most comfortable with and you'll be far more aware of which attacks can send those metal *******s flying.

2. Grab items: Pro play says no items but they're gonna pop up, might as well use them (excluding Cruel of course). Pokeballs and Assist trophies will provide incredible assistance and can rack up some nice KO's on their own. My personal favorites are Groudon and Andross.

3. Throw explosives off the stage! : Maybe it's just me but I can't tell you how many times I've died on any multiman challenge because of a landmine the alloys conviently missed then tossed me into or a fire box that a fire flower set off or a bob-omb or...you get the point. As fun and potent as the exploding items are, keep this in mind: The alloys will always be on top of you. Explosives will most likely catch you in them too, the Smart Bomb is an excellent example. My advice: just get rid of that crap. EDIT: Setting them off from a safe distance is a good alternative as well.

TL;DR version: Use your main, use the items, but get rid of the explode-y ones.

Hopefully this helps ya out a bit. :D

Top Bottom