• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Acedudes Pain in the *** to go against list

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Undisputed biggest Pain in the ***
:kirby2:

-

Can't touch dis

:metaknight:
:olimar:
:pikachu2:
:popo:

-

****ing stop doing that

:falco:
:gw:
:peach:
:marth:
:zerosuitsamus:

-

I swear to god just watch what happens when I get you offstage

:snake:

I can't fight this character (Acedude exclusive)

:fox:

-

:smash:

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
I'd put every character in there on my list except for Fox and ZSS

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Kirby is the biggest problem, easily.
Olimar, Pika, Falco and ICs are the next biggest.
Meta Knight is Meta Knight. I like that match-up though.

No problems with the others.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Pikachu isn't even that bad. Fun matchup unless you're playing someone way above your skill level.

Snake, Diddy, ZSS, and Fox are all matchups I really underestimated. They can really **** Falcon up.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
I hate playing ZSS online, they d-smash like 7 times lmao

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Pikachu isn't even that bad. Fun matchup unless you're playing someone way above your skill level.

Snake, Diddy, ZSS, and Fox are all matchups I really underestimated. They can really **** Falcon up.
It is a fun match-up, but if you're playing against a Pikachu that has any idea what they're doing whatsoever, it's a huge pain. Especially ones that know how to Quick Attack Cancel and setup grabs from random SH Thunderjolts.

Fox and Sheik are huge problems imo.

Yesterday was the first time I played a good Sheik with Falcon. We can't do much against her ftilt once we get caught in it. Our aerials aren't quick enough to punish it like some characters can, and trying to DI out of it with a fastfaller? You're more likely to get punished for even attempting it. Most likely by a grab. Good thing is, we can punish her recover extremely well and-- unless the Sheik knows how to gimp with fair offstage (which she should)-- we can survive at percents around 130%+ from her fresh smashes.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Today I got ***** badly by a good sheik too(He said his sheik was pretty rusty btw even though it doesn't look like it). Falcon has a really hard time approaching sheik, don't you hate it when they pivot their needles at you and your shield never inputs quick enough >.>

I could have SDI'd out her tilts.. Wifi just said no. And there was one game on PS1 where I was taking my time on ledge to get back on the stage safely, so then I finally found a safe way to get back so I pressed the R button and at the same time the sheik quickly rushed over and bair'd me before the invincibility frames started, However I didn't get stage spiked, I just pulled off an impossible tech and re-grabbed the ledge while the sheik met its doom due to her recovery being easy to edge hog LMAO

and that was the only game I won too haha

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Even SDIing her ftilt doesn't do much, in our case anyway. Getting behind her can be punished just as easily too. If not by another F-tilt, but a grab. Don't ever let a Sheik F-tilt you at low percents while you're in the air. You'll be taking at least 45% (minimum) from it.

That's my lesson for the day. :falcon:

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I have some good vs kirby matches just need them uploaded. He's definitely the toughest for me along side pika. A good bair spacing kirby is the down fall of our aerial game.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Its not even just the bair
If every kirby played like MikeKirby vs Falcon itd be the end of the world. All he has to do is crouch and we cant do **** and what we can do can be seen coming and shielded in time. Not to mention if he gets a grab we're taking a good 25% a more. It becomes a strict mindgame/pick your spots to attack match

:phone:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
SDI the grab follow up plz. Also use spaced Dtilt, and suddenly the matchup becomes much more manageable.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
up tilt is useful as well. As kirby is crouching I would also think jumping over him and doing a bair to hit behind him could be of some help. It does become a pick your spot match at higher percents like you said though.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
If any of you were watching todays stream of the big N in the bronx youd see little glimpes of why I have peach and GaW up there. Also decided to play mikekirby some and it was ridiculous. Not even gonna describe how I have to play lol you just gotta witness it

:phone:

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
I seem to do well against snake and marth despite the match-up ratio, to me it isnt the characters with gaps that annoy me. The winners to that are pikachu, sheik and dedede.

The problem i have with these characters is the chains they pull off that work at any percent, (Pikachu's chain grab which doesnt need buffer because falcon is heavy) Sheik's forward tilt, (can link me to 100% and then up smash sweet spot isnt di'able) and dedede's chaingrab. (simply doesnt end, even at higher percents)

With snake's down throw, i know i can mind game the snake to get out of that.
With Falco's down throw, i know that at some point it will end.
With Diddy Kong's Bananas, i know diddy still cant kill me until 180%.

With the 3 characters that i have mentioned it's, grab and i lose. (or forward tilt and i lose)

Top Bottom