• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ace-ing/A couple Spacing tricks with Link

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
1) Spacing with the claw shot and Bomb

-Have a bomb in hand, then short hop in the air, air dodge, and press 'A' to clawshot. This way you won't end up throwing the bomb.
After using the clawshot, when hit the ground at zero lag, throw the bomb. A good way for spacing

-If your opponent shielded the clawshot, the clawshot should have weakened it a good amount since the claw shot does multiple hits. And if your opponent is still shielding when you hit the ground, throw the bomb to weaken the shield even more. Usually your opponent will get hit by the claw shot and then dodging or shielding with countering or vice versa.

-You can also use the boomerang as a follow up attack which can help diminsh the shield or push your opponent back even more.

2)Throwing the bomb while spacing backwards

- You run(I find it more useful) or stand still and shorthop with a bomb, the bomb in front of you using the C-stick and hold backwards in the other direction on the control stick at the same time. Then immediately take out another bomb

-By doing this will give you more distance from your opponent from throwing you bomb at full speed, and give you more time to pull at another a repeat the process. It kinda makes an illusion that you bomb father than he actually can a little bit.

-I find it a very usefull way to spame against characters like Marth for instance

3) Ledge hop arrows

-Simply ledge hop and shoot arrows, similar to Pit

-Less useful than pits but is still very usefull

4)Ledge hop spin attak

-Ledge hop back onto the stage and spin attack

-Use it when some body has their shield up and expects to do a regualr ledge. They will usually try to grab or attack, but you should be able hit them out of it with the spin attack's priority

-Is minorly usefull

4)Spin attack canceling to the edgegrab(Has nothing to do with spacing, but I don't think it's worth making another thread about it)

-Just like in Melee, you can cancel onto the ledge by dashing towards the ledge and spinattack right when your feet reaches the edge of it.

- This time is not as useful or as cool looking, but I believe it's a bit faster than running off the stage and grabing on the legde, and you don't have to press back to grab the ledge

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Some good tactics here, its a nice collection. I'm going to try and make some hybrids for some of these, I'll get back to you later with them.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Ok Here is what I have:

(if wanted, I can make a video of this)

You can take a bomb out, jump backwards and then pull another bomb out and dash towards the enemy and throw it. The extra velocity of the bomb should cause it to go far enough to hit the enemy.

Likewise, you can pull a bomb and then jump backwards, throw it landing with an arrow cancel (the landing animation cancels out the bow drawing animation).

Here is a neat little mind game, will hardly ever work though. You can pull a bomb walk (not run) up and instead of throwing the bomb at them, throw it upwards. Do this at a distance where link can grab since hopefully, the bomb will fizz them out to putting their shield up. Hit them up in the air, placing them in a trajectory to hit the bomb.

You can do a shorthop and a b up to hit tall opponents on the ground with your recovery. Hard to do.

Here is a good one, pull a bomb, run at the opponent, jump, throw the bomb, pull another out in the air, throw it when you land (no need to dash so it eliminates the run-toss lag after the throw) then hit with the gale boomerang.​

There are some things that can keep you busy perfecting.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Ok Here is what I have:

(if wanted, I can make a video of this)

You can take a bomb out, jump backwards and then pull another bomb out and dash towards the enemy and throw it. The extra velocity of the bomb should cause it to go far enough to hit the enemy.

Likewise, you can pull a bomb and then jump backwards, throw it landing with an arrow cancel (the landing animation cancels out the bow drawing animation).

Here is a neat little mind game, will hardly ever work though. You can pull a bomb walk (not run) up and instead of throwing the bomb at them, throw it upwards. Do this at a distance where link can grab since hopefully, the bomb will fizz them out to putting their shield up. Hit them up in the air, placing them in a trajectory to hit the bomb.

You can do a shorthop and a b up to hit tall opponents on the ground with your recovery. Hard to do.

Here is a good one, pull a bomb, run at the opponent, jump, throw the bomb, pull another out in the air, throw it when you land (no need to dash so it eliminates the run-toss lag after the throw) then hit with the gale boomerang.​

There are some things that can keep you busy perfecting.

Sure, I don't mind if you want to make a video about Ace-ing(I named it after the name I use competively). I like that last technique of spacing when youpull a bomb, run at the opponent, jump, throw the bomb, pull another out in the air, throw it when you land. I find that to be pretty useful

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
maybe we should call it bomb dancing or something that describes what it is.

Just a thought.

But anyway, I'll make a vid once I get my capture card from ebay in so the quality isn't horrid

Anyway, I've been using that tactic ever since I thought it up, works like a charm ^_^

gfxdragongod

Smash Rookie
Another handy little trick is to pull out a bomb, full jump, throw the bomb, and as you're landing, throw a boomerang.
since people normally roll when they see a bomb being thrown at them the boomerang will be almost sure to hit them, and you can follow up with a dash attack or a short hop chain.
works very well ^^

also, something really funny that works on fox or wolf, pull out a bomb and if the fox/wolf hold reflector hoping to reflect it, but instead of throwing it just walk up into a Up-B.

Top Bottom