• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Accused of Cheating (b-sticking)

Trozz

Smash Ace
Has anyone else been accused of cheating for changing their controls? I used to bind the c-stick to special before people saw what the zap-jump magnet-pull was capable of.

GofG

Smash Champion
Changing the control scheme is not cheating. Direct anyone who says it is to here.

CFaLC

Smash Cadet
Well, some of my friends tell me things like "I'm not going to play you if you use that Wavebouncing crap." or "I won't play cheaters." It's the same as how a lot of people would think Wavedashing is cheating. I just play them without using it, because I can win really easily anyway. If I'm playing a competitive smasher, I'll use b-sticking, since we all can accept any moves like wavebouncing.

Levitas

the moon
That's probably a good response. Luckily, I don't really have that problem, everyone I play restpects techniques for what they are: a way of using skill to win.

That said, if you're going to a tournament where you don't know anyone, you should probably make sure the director knows what wavebouncing is so that they've got your back in case some scrub calls it cheating and wants you disqualified.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Meh. I can still dominate with Lucas. Hyphen smashing is somewhat easier now (though quickened PKT2 is harder to do w/o b-sticking).

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
the only time i have ever been accused of cheating is with dedede's infinite wall grab... my bro never complains about b-sticking. he's cool about it. even with all my techniques, he puts up a hell of a fight... he is a boss and he barely ever visits the forums... but he told me i should tell all the yoshi haters to give me their friend code so he could own them.

Top Bottom