• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Account leveling?

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
So, I had a thought that maybe instead of having the names that keep track of your character and stats, it would be your mii account. As that seems to be how it will work. However, I was wondering if there could be a leveling system for characters. Just to truly show how much you use that character. It can also be used for other things like achievements. The idea is that your mii would keep track of each fighters level and after each fight you get experience. This can work in a few ways. It could A.) be strictly for show, and have stuff like unlock a new costume every 20 levels. Or B.) You can go all DBZ and have a standard and custom character selection where you can raise stats with leveling. Either way you do it, whether the level has a purpose or not, I would personally really like to see my character usage show more than just a % sign. Also I feel it would be a fantastic way to unlock stages, trophies, achievements, new costumes, and possibly alternate final smashes. Its an idea I've been bouncing around a bit, and I thought i could use your guys' take on it.

Some other things I was thinking of was that you could add an element to a character at a certain level. To my knowledge, the elemental change doesn't do anything but it would make your character look cooler.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm willing to bet this will happen. Also I hate Arial font. And the alternate final smash unlock thing is cool, like supers in other games.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's one of the good things PSABR introduced (I don't know if other fighting games used it).
If it's fast and actually offers great unlockables, I'm all for it.
Though it shouldn't be too much for every character. I mean, there are some characters I will probably hate to use, but being a collectables *****, I'll have to unlock everything for them too. So I hope it's not too slow.
Or maybe other players also could help to raise the levels.
Would be also a nice way to unlock the trophies of the characters for people who don't like Classic Mode.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway it shouldn't permit to change character stats imho.
If an alternate costume brings something different to the character (let's say Tanooki costume for Mario and Luigi makes them lighter and floatier) that's one thing, but not something like you're at level 999 and you're basically indestructible.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I like this idea, and expect it to happen. The easiest way to integrate 3DS-Wii U connectivity is to tie the player's data to a single account or profile. Miis may be used for this. I'm not really sure how it'd work, since I don't have a Wii U, but I can see them coming up with something original if Miis don't work.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Anyway it shouldn't permit to change character stats imho.
If an alternate costume brings something different to the character (let's say Tanooki costume for Mario and Luigi makes them lighter and floatier) that's one thing, but not something like you're at level 999 and you're basically indestructible.
I almost agreed with you.

Purely cosmetic imo is yes or nothing.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, I had a thought that maybe instead of having the names that keep track of your character and stats, it would be your mii account. As that seems to be how it will work. However, I was wondering if there could be a leveling system for characters. Just to truly show how much you use that character. It can also be used for other things like achievements. The idea is that your mii would keep track of each fighters level and after each fight you get experience. This can work in a few ways. It could A.) be strictly for show, and have stuff like unlock a new costume every 20 levels. Or B.) You can go all DBZ and have a standard and custom character selection where you can raise stats with leveling. Either way you do it, whether the level has a purpose or not, I would personally really like to see my character usage show more than just a % sign. Also I feel it would be a fantastic way to unlock stages, trophies, achievements, new costumes, and possibly alternate final smashes. Its an idea I've been bouncing around a bit, and I thought i could use your guys' take on it.

Some other things I was thinking of was that you could add an element to a character at a certain level. To my knowledge, the elemental change doesn't do anything but it would make your character look cooler.
Yes...YES, this would work! I like your thinking.

This gets the official MaskO'Gears approval.

Top Bottom