• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Accidental dash attacks

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
We've all done it far too often...you accidentally dash attack while trying to input an f-tilt or f-smash and get hardcore punished for using Luigi's literally worthless dash attack. Since this is something that inevitably happens sometimes, we should try to share ideas about what to try to do after performing that dash attack. For me personally, I go for one of two options that are both situational. Situation one is when I am in front of my opponent after the attack in which case I hold L so that I shield the very frame the attack ends and then start mashing A to try to get away with a grab out of it. 9 times out of 10 however, the opponent gets a grab before I do so I feel like I need a better option there. Situation two is when I am not close enough to the opponent to hit or grab them after the dash attack and I simply wavedash away from the opponent as soon as the attack finishes. This works as long as the opponent doesn't get a hit on you during your dash attack, in which case you are of course already on beat street. Wondering how others usually deal with those accidental dash attacks?

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Up-B
or
Spotdodge -> Up-B

But really, i'm almost always buffering a spotdodge and go from there.

Last edited:

Verda Stelo

Smash Apprentice
Prepare to get hit is pretty much all you can do here. Hold down to avoid getting knocked into the air, buffer spot dodges and rolls but a smart opponent won't wait for the attack to end before hitting you out of it. Spot dodge -> up B is a legendary gimmick though.

Griffard

Smash Ace
I love getting the accidental dash attack on the side of the ledge and pressing forward with my momentum into up-air/chop.
"I swear that one was on purpose" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
I love getting the accidental dash attack on the side of the ledge and pressing forward with my momentum into up-air/chop.
"I swear that one was on purpose" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
An actually viable option sometimes xD

Verda Stelo

Smash Apprentice
I think it's particularly successful versus Peach. She has to come in unprotected and you can do it from a platform or the ledge. Style points if you land the dair meteor afterwards.

At Apex I used dash attack to cancel a fireball that Eddy shot and chopped him for it. c:

Top Bottom