• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Absorbing Vortex Jump Boosting

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I don't know if this is known or not, but I thought I'd post about it anyway. Gunner's 3rd Down-B, Absorbing Vortex, can be used to boost your jump a significant height. If you instantly trigger and hold Absorbing Vortex as you jump, the move will keep your momentum going for that little bit longer, thus sending you higher. You can cancel the move at the peak, and act almost instantly, so it works fine as a recovery tech. Be warned, it does stunt horizontal recovery quite a bit, but it also keeps you airborne for much longer and, of course, gives you more horizontal fall-time.

It should also be noted that you can't change direction after the move has started too, so I really imagine this might not always be the greatest option since the trajectory of the move is rigid, but I figure the slight height boost (-and the fact you're still absoring energy projectiles as you go) could be a help to Gunner players, especially if they like Cannon Uppercut for it's power despite its sucky recovery height, like me. :p

All in all, this move's momentum can be used in some interesting ways in regards to recoveries. I know this isn't exactly a groundbreaking tech or anything, but I hope it makes some difference!

Top Bottom