• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Absolutely no reason for the changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logos

Smash Apprentice
-Side Special (Wolf Flash)
--Now consumes double jump when used.

Seriously, there isn't one single logical reason.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
-Side Special (Wolf Flash)
--Now consumes double jump when used.

Seriously, there isn't one single logical reason.
Yes this is a nerf on the level of Mewtwo and Diddy

In fact this change makes Diddy mains grateful that they were allowed to retain any bananas at all

So drastic

Such nerf

Wolf totally bottom 5 now

How will we ever cope

Logos

Smash Apprentice
But that nerf specifically makes no sense. The kill option wasn't safe in the first place, why punish it more? And the other two spacies are far above wolf, no need to give him ANY nerfs

Last edited:

Logos

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I mean it's not like that happens to Fox or Falco! .... oh... wait...
And this is a worse point than a circle. Neither of those characters use it as a kill move that often is at the end of the stage.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
It's just making it work like almost all specials that send into special fall in this game. The general rule is that if it goes into special fall it will eat your jump.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
For the record if you hit with Wolf Flash you can still Up+B and go back to the stage. This nerf is incredibly small.

Last edited:

Cohenski

Smash Rookie
As a wolf player I find it kind of annoying. It's such a minor nerf that it really isn't doing anything. The one thing it IS doing is removing a few SUPER hype kills (with a safe return) that you would rarely go for in a match you are trying hard to win. The general rule of losing the double jumps makes since, but I don't like changes that remove hype.

Last edited:

Samuch

Smash Cadet
You can still up-B! If you are too far to make it back with an up-B then you deserve your death!

The move is still very hype worthy.

Logos

Smash Apprentice
You can still up-B! If you are too far to make it back with an up-B then you deserve your death!

The move is still very hype worthy.
You can still up B? Wow, none of us knew that. You better get your richter scale next time you decide to break ground like that. You gonna hurt people

Last edited:

Samuch

Smash Cadet
You can still up B? Wow, none of us knew that. You better get your richter scale next time you decide to break ground like that. You gonna hurt people
Really? Well I am glad that I could give you that info!!!!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Um, its also to nerf his recovery so he doesn't just side-B immediately and get to keep his double jump after being hit. Which is in line with many other changes.

Boiko

:drshrug:
>Complains about the most miniscule change.
>Is rude to people who try to help or give some sort of advice.

This my friends is what we call a toxic member of the community.

52pickup

Smash Cadet
Tbh I agree. If you go THAT deep into the friggin' depths of the ocean for a side-b kill, and you hit it?...you honestly deserve to get back on stage. How could you disagree with that? :(

To actually address the point brought up, there's no reason to standardize Wolf's special with other specials that normally put you into free-fall because no other special is like it. Which special that normally puts you into free-fall is a kill move while also putting you in a very disadvantageous position, if not killing yourself, if you miss and also is so heavily reliant on situation perception...AND generates tons of hype??? Literally the only thing the same about Wolf's special with other specials is that it normally puts you into free-fall.

Logos

Smash Apprentice
>Complains about the most miniscule change.
>Is rude to people who try to help or give some sort of advice.

This my friends is what we call a toxic member of the community.
Nice greentexting on smashboards and the use of the word "toxic." And of course I'm going to be short with someone that says something outlandishly stupid.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Nice greentexting on smashboards and the use of the word "toxic." And of course I'm going to be short with someone that says something outlandishly stupid.
I guess that's why everyone is being short with you.

Geth Drips

Smash Rookie
Tbh I agree. If you go THAT deep into the friggin' depths of the ocean for a side-b kill, and you hit it?...you honestly deserve to get back on stage. How could you disagree with that? :(
Why even go for that though, when Wolf has so many other kill options? Hype as it may be, there's almost always going to be a better option. It should go without saying that basing your game play drop zone side-bs is less-than-optimal. He has so many on-stage set-ups for side-b that going excessively deep for a side-b kill offstage is just, unnecessary. It's super flashy, but nothing more really.

52pickup

Smash Cadet
Why even go for that though, when Wolf has so many other kill options? Hype as it may be, there's almost always going to be a better option. It should go without saying that basing your game play drop zone side-bs is less-than-optimal. He has so many on-stage set-ups for side-b that going excessively deep for a side-b kill offstage is just, unnecessary. It's super flashy, but nothing more really.
Exactly! The side-b off the stage is so ridiculously stupid to go for considering there are so much better, safer, and easier options. You have to go waaaaay out of your way to even start going for it. And yet, it's really fun to go for and so satisfyingly hype when you get it. But now they took away the reward you get (the jump) when you do hit it! To reiterate a point already made in this thread, they just killed hype by taking away this option that was already almost never went-for in the first place.

Don't get me wrong; I agree this nerf isn't really a huge nerf. It's almost not even a nerf since it's so small. But there really was no point to this nerf gameplay and balance-wise, which is the synopsis of this thread. They just killed a hype and fun option, or at least made it extremely more not worth it. Just to give a bit of background info, I was playing friendlies with this one guy after 3.5 came out and got a side-b offstage...but I couldn't make it back! At that point I was feeling the saddest I've ever felt in my life and was contemplating whether life was worth living or not. :(

Logos

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
I guess that's why everyone is being short with you.
Go be a green texting beta ***** somewhere else, ****ing aviators in his twitter pic, gtfo.

Edit: Blank Mauser not Geth drips. gave the answer that I was looking for, now will you close this so I don't have to keep responding to Weeaboo virgins?

Last edited:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Go be a green texting beta ***** somewhere else, ****ing aviators in his twitter pic, gtfo.

Geth drips gave the answer that I was looking for, now will you close this so I don't have to keep responding to Weeaboo virgins?
If you had any credibility before you posted this, you certainly don't now. I can understand being a little rude in your response to the others in this thread, cause honestly there were to an extent, but to be fair, the fact that you're making a big deal about a change, that is pretty insignificant, is practically begging them too. However, there's no excuse for the level of rudeness in your post, it's childish, and not welcome on these forums.

As you know, and as previously stated by others, wolf still retains the ability to up b from a confirmed side b. So he is more than capable of recovering from it. Honestly, if you feel like you need a double jump and a up b to make it back, you probably went too deep in the first place. As for the reason, go to the project m site and read the blog post they made about recoveries, and give the change, with their goal in mind, some thought.

Last edited:

Logos

Smash Apprentice
I already made my point that it wasn't a big nerf to the character, but to just the hype and it doesn't seem logical because the kill option was unsafe to begin with. But Blank Mauser gave the point that it was for if you get hit out of it you could still jump, which was unfair so I see why now. Everyones response was just that I was whining and gave sarcastic remarks, even after I stopped posting on this thead. and you're surprised I took shots at them? And I don't care about my credibility if it's to a bunch of weebs and bronies who get their feelings hurt because I insult their waifu and sick obsessions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom