• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Above 100%, on the ledge, VS Marth.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
What would you do in this situation? Rolls, standing getups, and getup attacks from the ledge are slow and can be reacted to with and Fsmash. Ledge jump gets you faired or up-tilted. Hopping the ledge with an aerial can be reacted to with a wavedash back -> Fsmash. Thoughts, anyone?

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I personally really enjoy triangle jumping next to Marth in this situation (a 'failed' ledgedash, air-dodging towards the Marth). Often times, it leads into a grab on Sheik. If the Marth reacts to it in time, the worst scenarios are weak attacks due to being close range, or a grab which will, at worst, reset the situation for Sheik. I think Marth's could try up-tilt tippering but most aren't prepared for this. Marth is just slow enough for triangle jump to hurt them.

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Ledgedash --> shield because they'll more than likely try to Fsmash you for the kill then you can Shield DI the hit in, WD OOS grab. Just be sure that you're getting as many invincible frames as you can, I like to start shino stalling the second I hit the ledge vs. Marth to insure I have invincibility when I attempt to get on stage. Ledgedash --> spotdodge will also work and then you don't have to WD OOS to punish Marth but a good Marth will catch on to this after 1 or 2 times and just wait to swing. Spotdodge also works as a mixup if they're grabbing you out of ledgedash --> shield.

I would never try to aerial from ledge unless they get right up on the ledge and swing in which case they likely have no clue what they're doing or are getting impatient. If you're going to swing on get up with an aerial at least make sure you're as invincible as you can be.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
doesn't sheik have like1 frame of invincibility when you immediately ledge dash after a ledge grab? that's what flash does

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure about frames, but if you do it perfectly you can get fully invulnerable ftilts out of Sheik's ledge dash. Even if you're not perfect you can get jab or shield.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about frames, but if you do it perfectly you can get fully invulnerable ftilts out of Sheik's ledge dash. Even if you're not perfect you can get jab or shield.
Good stuff beating rice at paragon. he is the top player in my city

Avro-Arrow

Smash Journeyman
So Sheik is invincible with a ledgedash ftilt? Are there any other options for safe returns off the ledge?

d z

Smash Cadet
Sheik can get up to 11 actionable frames of invincibility on her ledgedash which gives time to do pretty much anything even dash attack or dash grab.

Top Bottom