• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About vanish's wind, Two things I havn't seen posted yet.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
These are just two really really minor things I've noticed, And Ive checked around and didnt see them mentioned anywhere, I don't know if people just didnt think it was worth mentioning or what, But Im gunna say it :p

A: Sheiks Vanish Will Trigger Marth and Ikes Counter, I havn't checked with Lucario yet.
I can't really think of any way this could be usefull, More of something you should be aware of i guess.

B: I've seen it mentioned that you could use vanish's wind to knock Lighter characters like jigglypuff off the stage, But Ive managed to knock Ike off the stage after he recovered with aether, And I don't think he qualifys as a light character :p

And then, I have a question about the wind as well.

would it be possible to stop Other characters attacks like it does with the vanish catch?
Like, say, If pikachu was using skull bash to recover, Could you use vanish on the edge, and knock pikachu away from the edge?

Or what about attacks like the mortar slide? or fox's >B?

And last but not least, Does it have any effect on pikmin? In case I want to waste my time pusing pikmin off the edge :p

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Firstly, thanks for all the great questions.

I would love to test these out, but it can get really frustrating for me to play with my feet and hands at the same time.

I also can't see the use in the counter thing. It may be interesting to try to push a character into a Marth's counter. I doubt it would trigger, but it would be good to find out.

I know about the heavier characters, I just wanted to avoid people going "OMGZ I TRYS IT ON BOWSAR BUT NUFFIN HP3N!".

I know it can stop Luigi's fireballs. I'm not sure about heavy duty projectiles. It would be cool to check it out with homing missles. I can try test these out in the morning and see what works. I can test the pikmin thing too.

Again, though, my feet may have some trouble with mortar slides.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
Umm... I would think it can be countered against since it does have an actual hitbox.

Number 2, not only can sheik's vanish wind push ike after recovery, so can just a regular shield, so that's not saying much...

Vanish can hit all possibilities listed as long as sheik does not get hit on the initial frames and the opponent doesn't run away during the invincibility frames, then the vanish will hit them in those situations.

Top Bottom