• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the stun...

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I was playing a team match with a friend of mine- he was Snake. (Team Attack was off)

I can hardly remember what happened, but when I stunned my opponent with my d-smash, and Snake musthave done something because Rob stayed stuned for a good 1-2 seconds longer than normal, and was comletely invincible. This happened a few other times in other matches.

I remember seeing the same thing in Pikachus "Matrix Thunder", where anything that pushed pikachu up in thunder shock had the same frozen/invincibilty effect.

Does anyone know anything about the specifics of this stun glitching- like the conditions for it to happen and stuff?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Exact mechanics-wise, I'm not sure. For example, if you d-smash Dedede at the beginning of his up-special, he is in a glitchy half-stun animation for the entirety of the move until he hits the ground. This happens during other moves with invincibility frames as well.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
So, perhaps when the stun interferes with absolutes like invincibility frames and other movement altering things do we get glitches like that.

In your example, does DDD's up-b get affected in any way other than the animation?

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
I've had this happen during Yoshi's super armour in his second jump. It must have something to do with being unflinchable (which is now a word).

Top Bottom