• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

about the pillar

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
a video, to help you out a little

just to see what its like, and some of its variations

http://youtube.com/watch?v=teO4ivfyA8k - around 2:35 especially

but there are the small little variations here and there

if you wanna see some more uses, check this thread out:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=115003

singles videos from a tournament last saturday, which that video is from.

my vids from singles have some cool stuff.

Xelic

Smash Ace
The trick to it is NOT to use it. People only get hit when they try to get out. You only need to roll lolz. Also, against faster characters, you would only want to slap once if you were going to attempt it. XiF can slap twice because Link is slowwwwwwwww, but most other characters would grab you and **** you.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
actually u can grab peach jus after the slap. but its too risky and it only worked a few times vs xif with my peach.

it's great to see a tactic I developed years ago(vids dun lie lol) become so useful for peaches today. good **** XIF for mastering it! I <3 my son =]

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Pillar? -.- I use stuff like that all the time. What's so special in it...

Xelic

Smash Ace
Ijuka, everyone has been doing it for years. LOLZ.

I actually stopped using it a long time ago because everyone in Texas learned how to roll.

But the Florida kids are too busy pulling off ridiculous combos to realize it sucks. ;)

PeachBomber

Smash Rookie
as yaz said, WHAT IS THE PILLAR? lol im not sure if i perform this maneuver (or whatever it is) seeing as i only play peach, but i have never heard of anything in her repertoire referred to as the pillar =P so please explain! =)

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
There are twp basic methods:
1. Instant float cancel, neutral air, fast fall, repeat (which can be an infiite? combo in a cormer;)
The second most commons is to instant float, neutral air, fast fall, slap, slap. The difference timing you put into the slap will give the enemy less chance of predicting you. If he gets hit, you can repeat it.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I wish I found this a few days ago. The first time I saw this was in a peach ditto against Vidjo on saturday. I was like...WTF?!

Top Bottom