• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the Megaman's final smash: Where are the Megaman ZX representative

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I loved the Megaman's final smash, using the different incarnations, but the problem is the lack the Megaman ZX reperesentative.
Where are Vent and Aile? Okay, i know that Model ZX will clash with the style, but Vent/Aile have the Model X in the first part of the game. What do you think about this?

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I think the problem is ZX is a continuation of the Megaman Zero series, and thus they're percieved as a continuation of Zero rather than Mega Man or X. It's the same reason Megaman Zero's Zero isn't there either I would imagine. He's Zero, not Mega Man. Also five is a nice number to have visually because it puts Classic Mega Man right in the dead center.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Not to mention that those two are more likely to use their sabers rather than busters.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Let's be honest here, ZX was pretty much a Zero game as well.

Once you got model zx wich is basically a more "pimped-out" version of Zero, you can't even use model x anymore.

You need to clear the game with Vent and Aile just to be able to keep it after getting model zx.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Let's be honest here, ZX was pretty much a Zero game as well.

Once you got model zx wich is basically a more "pimped-out" version of Zero, you can't even use model x anymore.

You need to clear the game with Vent and Aile just to be able to keep it after getting model zx.
Well, Model X wasn't ever really needed because ZX effectively had the powers of both(Zero's saber moves and X's powerful Charge Buster). Though Model X was useful for beating down Omega in Hard Mode, because you really couldn't afford to get close to him otherwise you'd get utterly ripped apart by Omega's stupidly powerful saber combos.

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
We don't talk about those games...
why? they weren't bad games at all, it's not like they reach the levels of bad of X6, X7, Starforce 2, Battle Network 4, or the plain meanest and rage inducing game design of mega man and bass

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Well, Model X wasn't ever really needed because ZX effectively had the powers of both(Zero's saber moves and X's powerful Charge Buster). Though Model X was useful for beating down Omega in Hard Mode, because you really couldn't afford to get close to him otherwise you'd get utterly ripped apart by Omega's stupidly powerful saber combos.
Well, the point is not that model X was necessary, it is the fact that X aka Megaman was pretty much pushed aside in favor of Zero in the Zx games.

And yeah, Omega... those were some good times.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well, the point is not that model X was necessary, it is the fact that X aka Megaman was pretty much pushed aside in favor of Zero in the Zx games.

And yeah, Omega... those were some good times.
Maybe the X in ZX was kind of left in the shadow of Zero, but for me, the Buster saw just as much action as the Saber.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Vent/Aile could have appeared without biometals aiming a regular buster pistol in the group shot.

Biometal or not, Vent/Aile is still the "blue bomber" of the ZX series. S/he may wear red for most of the series, but it's Giro who's the "red guy".

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
I think there's a much simpler reason: none of those characters were named Megaman. All the represented characters were actually Megaman himself or one of his direct progenitors. The ZX characters are their own individuals separated from the Megaman character. Yes, they take place in the same universe, but they're not a version of Megaman himself, they're just using his tools and technology.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I think there's a much simpler reason: none of those characters were named Megaman. All the represented characters were actually Megaman himself or one of his direct progenitors. The ZX characters are their own individuals separated from the Megaman character. Yes, they take place in the same universe, but they're not a version of Megaman himself, they're just using his tools and technology.
Well, chosen ones were called "Mega Men", possessing the abilities of the respective characters. But yes, they aren't really Mega Man in the sense that, well, Mega Man is. But now that I think about it, Geo assumes a form of Mega Man in a similar way to the ZX characters. He fuses with something to become Mega Man, though this form is directly related to Mega Man.EXE.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
ZX isn't there because X is there. wouldn't make a lick of sense.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
Well, chosen ones were called "Mega Men", possessing the abilities of the respective characters. But yes, they aren't really Mega Man in the sense that, well, Mega Man is. But now that I think about it, Geo assumes a form of Mega Man in a similar way to the ZX characters. He fuses with something to become Mega Man, though this form is directly related to Mega Man.EXE.
ZX doens't look like megaman. It looks like zero, so what's the point of having zero or a zero clone as megaman final smash? The beauty of the megaman final smash is to have megamans supporting the original, not zero or a zero clone, and model X doesn't even appear after the first part of the game so who cares? It's all about Zero. I never ever consider Zero a megaman nor vent or aile. Those look like zero succesors not megaman and even if inafune intended a desing like zero to be megaman x, it was rejected because it didn't look like megaman, just as every single character who doesn't look like megaman got rejected from the final smash.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
ZX doens't look like megaman. It looks like zero, so what's the point of having zero or a zero clone as megaman final smash? The beauty of the megaman final smash is to have megamans supporting the original, not zero or a zero clone, and model X doesn't even appear after the first part of the game so who cares? It's all about Zero. I never ever consider Zero a megaman nor vent or aile. Those look like zero succesors not megaman and even if inafune intended a desing like zero to be megaman x, it was rejected because it didn't look like megaman, just as every single character who doesn't look like megaman got rejected from the final smash.
Zero's not a Mega Man because he's Zero. And ZX is a continuation of the Zero series, while at the same time being a reinterpretation of the Mega Man X form of Zero. He's supposedly the same Zero, yet doesn't look like Zero. Sometimes I wonder if that form of Zero was a design choice of the Inti Creates team to make it feel like it was something new yet related to Mega Man X. At any rate, I guess the Smash team just stuck with the 5 that we have because they all fit the "Blue Bomber" theme even though they're all from different eras/universes.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, I actually dislike his final smash. The RPG misfits should not be there, especially BN/SF, which have their own continuity and nothing to do with Mega Man. I would have preferred either all classic (Protoman, Bass) or all mainline series reps (X, Zero-series Zero, Vent/Aile, and MAYBE Volnutt if we're being generous).

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Not gonna lie, I actually dislike his final smash. The RPG misfits should not be there, especially BN/SF, which have their own continuity and nothing to do with Mega Man. I would have preferred either all classic (Protoman, Bass) or all mainline series reps (X, Zero-series Zero, Vent/Aile, and MAYBE Volnutt if we're being generous).
Misfits? Isn't that just a bit harsh? They may be in their own separate universes, but that doesn't make them any less of a Mega Man. I'm guessing from your tone that you don't like either of those series. If that's true, what could possibly be wrong with them?

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
puff if thats the case and you are gonna put allies that doesn't represent the true blue bomber like vent and aile, then I would stick with the super adapter.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Misfits? Isn't that just a bit harsh? They may be in their own separate universes, but that doesn't make them any less of a Mega Man. I'm guessing from your tone that you don't like either of those series. If that's true, what could possibly be wrong with them?
It's not harsh. Those games were terrible. The characters acted stupidly, the story was bad (in the case of BN, also full of plot holes), rewards were based on grinding, translation errors were everywhere, and even the music was largely mediocre. BN did try to have a somewhat interesting battle system (which SF screwed up), but it's nowhere near good enough to make up for every other aspect of the game failing. They were cheap RPGs with a development cycle of a few months each.

Regarding the final smash, I don't see why being blue should count more than being in the correct continuity/having the correct genre.

puff if thats the case and you are gonna put allies that doesn't represent the true blue bomber like vent and aile, then I would stick with the super adapter.
Curious to know what you think what it means to "represent the true blue bomber".

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
It's not harsh. Those games were terrible. The characters acted stupidly, the story was bad (in the case of BN, also full of plot holes), rewards were based on grinding, translation errors were everywhere, and even the music was largely mediocre. BN did try to have a somewhat interesting battle system (which SF screwed up), but it's nowhere near good enough to make up for every other aspect of the game failing. They were cheap RPGs with a development cycle of a few months each.

Regarding the final smash, I don't see why being blue should count more than being in the correct continuity/having the correct genre.

Curious to know what you think what it means to "represent the true blue bomber".
looking like the blue bomber and being called by the others Mega Man/Rockman. I've played every single megaman game out there, watched every single tv show and ovas, and the only ones that get called by other people megaman/rockman are those 5. The model ZX and so on aren't called by other people as oh look! is megaman! nope, just tethis and the other ones considered all themselves megaman with no one calling them like that. They aren't true megamans, because if thetis, vent, aile, grey, ashe and so on are megaman, then phantom, harpuia, zero, fefnir, leviathan and axl should be megaman too, but in megaman x the only one called megaman is X by dr light and sigma.
It's like making a sonic final smash and including knuckles tails and shadow. WTF? or worst of it if you know gundam: It's like putting shin asuka and setsuna in amuros final attack when they don't even represent him aside from being protagonists instead of flit asuno and kira yamato who clearly follow the spirit of what amuro should be.
Lets make another example! putting a shaoran from clamp's final attack with lelouch and sakura instead of suzaku and tsubasa's shaoran.
So if we are gonna make a stupid final smash with every single protagonist, then what's the point? is your intention to represent the franchise or the character? because if you want to represent the franchise why bothering? at least with that they are representing the blue bomber. We already got Zero in every single game out there, this is the time for megaman to shine and if you pretend to include every single thing called themselve megaman, then just add leviathan and tethis then because at least they are blue and I consider them way more megaman than vent and aile who are clearly a megaman zero succesor (the model zx is just the gameplay from the megaman zero series).

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Vent, Aile, Ashe, and Grey are referred to as "Mega Men" by Albert. It is literally a title that they hold.

X continues Mega Man's mission. Zero later continues X's mission in his own series. Vent/Aile and Ashe/Grey aren't directly related to the previous protagonist the way X and Zero are, but in the end they do the right thing and save the world.

It's a far cry from "turn the oven off using the internet, but hey I'm blue".

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
Vent, Aile, Ashe, and Grey are referred to as "Mega Men" by Albert. It is literally a title that they hold.

X continues Mega Man's mission. Zero later continues X's mission in his own series. Vent/Aile and Ashe/Grey aren't directly related to the previous protagonist the way X and Zero are, but in the end they do the right thing and save the world.

It's a far cry from "turn the oven off using the internet, but hey I'm blue".
well, then tethis have the right to be a megaman too by your logic. Nice final smash then! we could actually have the four guardians from zxa instead of x, exe, starforce and volnutt right? because they are megaman too! Albert considers himself a megaman right? so if you are saying albert has the last word, then he can appear in the final smash too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCczBwzL9WE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFOgUH4ed34
Tethis refer to every single guardian as other megaman. They have the right to appear doesn't it? He is the ice megaman, and he refers to his partners as megamans too.
Anyway, to drop that argument to the bottom, only X is a megaman, the rest is pure crap based on him, zero or other crap. Biometal X is still based on X like every single reploid, the difference is it has a stronger conection, but X is the original, the rest can't exist without him. Classic, X, Exe, Volnutt and Starfoce can exist without depending on the others, while every other thing you name are deriavtions from megaman X nothing more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jzn7Ui7Rj8
Albert refers to every fighter as megaman so for me everything albert and the others says are bullcrap.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well, you might think they're terrible games, but I don't. I don't see much that went wrong with with the BN or SF series. I don't remember the characters acting overly stupid in either era, but I haven't really delved that deep into their personalities as I've only played a few BN and SF games(1, 2 and 5 Team Protoman, and 1 and 2 respectively). As for the story, out of the games I've played I found the story to be somewhat interesting but nothing really exceptional. But I'll be honest, if I wanted to play a game with deeper stories, I'd play something other than Mega Man. I don't look to Mega Man games for deep stories.

Grinding for good equipment is something that exists in RPG-style games as a whole. It's just something that comes with the territory so that's to be expected. But in Mega Man's case, getting good chips/cards relies heavily on your performance. Time may be a factor in this, but it's your overall skill that will determine your rewards and personally, I prefer it that way. It's just a matter of being lucky enough to find your intended target quickly.

Translation errors? Pfft. Capcom has a history of stuff like this, and it's not just them. These things are bound to happen every once in a while, so there's really no reason to get bent out of shape whenever that happens. As long as my in-game performance is not affected in the slightest, I can easily forgive those mistakes. Though it can make it hard to determine which chips do what if they have a crappy description, but hey, that's why we have the internet, right?

As far as music goes, I don't believe they did too bad but I don't really expect much from a handheld device, you know. I mean, I've always liked Mega Man music, but it's hard to compete against the big boys when you're just a handheld game in that particular era.

The battle system is the defining aspect of the BN and SF series. It's what I enjoyed most about them and BN was one of the games that got me more interested in the RPG genre(along with Pokemon, of course). Frankly, if it can do that in spite of its hiccups then I think they did pretty well. With that said, the only thing I didn't like about the first BN was the difficulty. It was too easy, even for my lower skill level at that point in time. Future entries had stepped up the difficulty, something I felt was needed.

And regarding the SF series, I like it. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with it. I actually liked the first SF more than the first BN. It feels like a more fleshed out version of BN, particularly in the battle department. The battle system may have had its own rules concerning cards now that codes weren't a thing anymore(and consequently Program Advances), but that's ok. You could link your own streams of powerful cards to quickly down tough targets that would give you a hard time(or you just really wanted that particular SP card), assuming you had the timing to "COUNTER HIT" your target(because you needed those to gain those card strings to begin with). Oh, and you could save those card strings to create your own boss killer cards, so there's that. The "Favorites" function in the card folder made this easier. Now about the smaller arena, there's very little room for error, but any savvy BN player can easily handle it. Personally, it adds a difficulty factor that really should've existed early in the BN era. One more thing: I absolutely LOVE the transformations that existed in SF, particularly the Fire-based ones. I mean, explosive cannons? Powerful flamethrowers? Super Armor? The ability to charge your cards? Hell. YES.

But hey, those are just my thoughts on the matter. To each their own.
I think it's more than just their color and particular universe. They might've been chosen because they carry the spirit of the Blue Bomber in some way or another. I mean, they must be carrying the name "Mega Man" for a reason, right?

But what do I know? I'm just a guy who plays these games.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
As a fan of the SF series, i will just like to add that the 3rd game is by far the best.

The first one was great, the second one was a bit average, but the third one is just awesome. Just saying that cause it seems you only played 1 and 2, so if you have the chance give the 3rd one a shot.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Tighten those screws, buddy. The games were bad. Deal with it.
Saying they're bad doesn't make them bad. If you don't like them, you don't like them and that's all there is to it, but don't try to convince me that they're bad because let's face it, I like those series very much and nothing is going to change my view on the matter, and that's all there is to that. You'll just have to deal with me liking them.

As a fan of the SF series, i will just like to add that the 3rd game is by far the best.

The first one was great, the second one was a bit average, but the third one is just awesome. Just saying that cause it seems you only played 1 and 2, so if you have the chance give the 3rd one a shot.
To be honest, I did try looking for the 3rd a long time ago, but never found it. After a while I just kinda....forgot about it. But I've played through 1 and 2 a lot, and thoroughly enjoyed them.

ConsummateK

Smash Cadet
Good lord I had no idea MM lore went this deep. I think the last megaman game that I really played was X. I've tinkered with others...it appears I've been missing out.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
that's your opinion, I enjoyed the first starforce game because it had the original megaman concept all over the place, plus gemini spark was freaking bad ass. For me Geo Stellar, a true megaman in spirit deserves to be here way more than vent/aile who are carbon copys of zero. We already got Zero in tatsunoko vs capcom, marvel vs capcom 3, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 and capcom vs snk plus he steals the story in project x zone while x becomes again a support character. Do you really want to destroy the only representation of the blue bomber we had in years by adding zero and his children? if that's the case better replace the whole character with zero and have a final smash with zero x version, megaman zero version, vent aile and giro.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Good lord I had no idea MM lore went this deep. I think the last megaman game that I really played was X. I've tinkered with others...it appears I've been missing out.
Well, the good news is that you can catch up pretty fast! All you really need is the Zero Collection, ZX, and ZXA. All of the X series games after X2 boil down to "blah blah, maverick virus". X5 offers a small amount of intrigue, but squanders it. The GBA/DS RPGs are alternate universe, and should be ignored for many, many reasons. If you're morbidly curious, just check out the lparchive and save yourself the pain.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well, you have 3 MM collection games out there, namely MM Anniversary, MMX, and MM Zero. That's a crapload right there. And then you have the ZX series as mentioned already.

Well, the good news is that you can catch up pretty fast! All you really need is the Zero Collection, ZX, and ZXA. All of the X series games after X2 boil down to "blah blah, maverick virus". X5 offers a small amount of intrigue, but squanders it. The GBA/DS RPGs are alternate universe, and should be ignored for many, many reasons. If you're morbidly curious, just check out the lparchive and save yourself the pain.
Contrary to what this person says, you should try the Battle Network and Starforce series if you're interested in them. If you don't like them, then don't bother with them. If you do like them, then by all means go nuts and enjoy them. The fact that they take place in an alternate universe should have no sway in your decision. It certainly didn't have any in mine. If you like Mega Man, then go for it. Whether or not you enjoy those series will be entirely your decision, not somebody else's.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I do realize that people already called you out on this one, but i must say:

Opinions and facts are different things. I get it that you don't like the rpg spinoffs, but that's you. You are not the only one who dislikes them either, but that doesn't make everything you say about them a fact.

You say the characters acted stupidly, i honestly don't recall anything absurdly stupid either in BN or SF, and if we are talking about stupidity didn't classic MM just let Wily go a few times after defeating him? Watch somecallmejohnny's reviews to get an idea of what i am saying.

As for a bad story, you will be hard-pressed to find anyone that played a classic megaman game for it's story. X, sure that series kinda counts but it had it's low points as well. BN had a good story for what it strived to be, that is, a pokemon type collect and battle game aimed at kids but that anyone could enjoy, while SF was more of that upgraded technology wise and with actual character development(very very subtle character development, but it was there).
I will agree that removing the program advances for the first two games and bringing it back(sorta) for the third one without any reliable in-game way of actually keep track of them was one irredimible major flaw.

Translation errors. Cause capcom never had translation errors in a game before this two series. Ever.

Not sure about the development cycle being to short but, again, didn't the nes got one MM game after another ? The same thing goes for the first 3 Megaman X games.

To the point:
I can respect you not liking this games and even outright hating them, despite not agreeing with your reasons. What i cannot respect is you telling us "Those games were bad. Deal with it.".

Last edited:

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
Well, you have 3 MM collection games out there, namely MM Anniversary, MMX, and MM Zero. That's a crapload right there. And then you have the ZX series as mentioned already.

Contrary to what this person says, you should try the Battle Network and Starforce series if you're interested in them. If you don't like them, then don't bother with them. If you do like them, then by all means go nuts and enjoy them. The fact that they take place in an alternate universe should have no sway in your decision. It certainly didn't have any in mine. If you like Mega Man, then go for it. Whether or not you enjoy those series will be entirely your decision, not somebody else's.
haven't you realize that this guy is clearly a zero fanboy? just look at what he suggest, it's actually kind of pathethic. I would rather have megaman stay death instead of becoming zero garbage.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
haven't you realize that this guy is clearly a zero fanboy? just look at what he suggest, it's actually kind of pathethic. I would rather have megaman stay death instead of becoming zero garbage.
I think I kinda knew that already, but I don't really care about what he likes or dislikes. I care about MY tastes, not anyone else's. I've played at least one Mega Man game in all of the mainline series, and you know what? I enjoyed them very much. Whether it's classic Mega Man, X, Battle Network, Legends, Zero, Starforce or ZX, it doesn't matter to me. I don't pick and choose between these. I'd rather just enjoy them all however I can and not complain about any of them, which very few of them had noticeable flaws for me to even complain about.

Point is, I don't care what anyone else thinks, I like what I like and that's all there is to it. But just to clarify, there isn't anything wrong with the Zero series.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
I think I kinda knew that already, but I don't really care about what he likes or dislikes. I care about MY tastes, not anyone else's. I've played at least one Mega Man game in all of the mainline series, and you know what? I enjoyed them very much. Whether it's classic Mega Man, X, Battle Network, Legends, Zero, Starforce or ZX, it doesn't matter to me. I don't pick and choose between these. I'd rather just enjoy them all however I can and not complain about any of them, which very few of them had noticeable flaws for me to even complain about.

Point is, I don't care what anyone else thinks, I like what I like and that's all there is to it. But just to clarify, there isn't anything wrong with the Zero series.
I'm on the same boat as you, hell I don't like battle network but still respect it because it's a megaman in the soul. This guy is just bashing starforce and battle network just because they don't follow the zero formula.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I'm on the same boat as you, hell I don't like battle network but still respect it because it's a megaman in the soul. This guy is just bashing starforce and battle network just because they don't follow the zero formula.
Or he's just trolling. That's a possibility.:troll:

The Zero series more or less follows the formula of Mega Man X(particularly the early games)with a few touches of its own. It is a good series, but I see no reason to think it's "superior" to any other form of Mega Man.

My favorite series happens to be Mega Man X, just in case you were wondering.

Last edited:

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
Or he's just trolling. That's a possibility.:troll:

The Zero series more or less follows the formula of Mega Man X(particularly the early games)with a few touches of its own. It is a good series, but I see no reason to think it's "superior" to any other form of Mega Man.

My favorite series happens to be Mega Man X, just in case you were wondering.
its mine too, and megaman x is my favorite character of all time.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I just finished reading through his first playthrough of BN4 Blue Moon last night(and into early morning)and I gotta say, there was a severe lack of quality control to say the least. There were many more translation errors than I've known the series for(including some misdirection), characters acted out of place in certain instances, objectives looked like they were more tedious and repetitive than they needed to be, early spikes in difficulty when it's impossible to get more powerful chips and upgrades, and many other instances. Worst of all, it seems as if there was a technical issue that caused the game to crash at particular moments if the hardware being used wasn't a classic GBA(how does that even happen? I find that hard to believe). All in all, it seems like BN4 is the Mega Man X7 of the BN series. So many things apparently went wrong during development that makes one wonder how Capcom allowed that to happen. I did find the whole thing hilarious, though.

That said, BN4 did have a silver lining. It introduced the Double Soul mechanic, something I experienced in my playthrough of Team Protoman. Out of the BN games I've played, Team Protoman is by far my favorite.

I will be updating this post after I read more of the article.

EDIT: Ok, I just finished reading the entirety of Blue Moon. I was laughing the whole time. Apparently, breaking the game more than it was results in SEVERE consequences(I loved his reactions. And his solution? BREAK THE GAME EVEN MORE!! Hilarious). And almost 300 screwups? Capcom must have smoking something bad at that point in time. Still, I think there were some instances in which he grossly overexaggerated the severity of the game's problems(anything not game-breaking anyway).

Anyway, on to Red Sun now.

EDIT2: More or less like Blue Moon but with its own specific situations. I'm still amazed at how screwed up Capcom made these two. Also, death curses. That old man must've talked to Henry at some point or another.

"Do you need a death curse? Please say you need a death curse."

But seriously, after seeing guys like Magic Man running around, I've learned to not question these things.

Still funny though.

I think I'm going to skip BN5 as I've played Team Protoman already, so I know(for the most part)what goes on there.

To BN6 then.

EDIT3: Delved into the early sections of BN6. Better writing? Very few translation errors? Notable character development? Looks like they learned their lesson from those past disasters. One of the things that pleases me is some of the chip types from BN5 having an actual matchup system in addition to the tried and true Fire, Aqua, Elec and Wood matchups(I seriously wished that this would've made the transition into SF, but it sadly didn't. Oh well). I know I haven't gone far into BN6 yet but I gotta say, it's looking good.

I think I'll delve deeper some other time.

EDIT4: Wait, just what was the point of all this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom