• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the ledge

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
In melee against marth's and the spacies, sheik could drop from the ledge as they were recovering with their up b's and drop a nair on them to get some ko's. Does anyone know if that's still useful in brawl? I haven't been able to do it in any of my matches so i was wondering if anyone has

Villi

Smash Lord
Bair would be more effective -- longer hit box in the appropriate direction and faster recovery. Fastfalling with bair, you even have the time to move slightly away from below the ledge with your second jump and bair again. To speculate, if the first one doesn't hit, the second one should or they'd probably be dead anyway.

If you fastfall with a nair, you suicide. If you tap away from the ledge, you get a slow, weak hit with nair, but can still jump again. If it's the better option, you might as well time your bair properly for a kill.

Nairs are probably best saved for sheild hopping and in place of diminished fairs.

Top Bottom