• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the chaingrab and desyncing

homer2020

Smash Cadet
I've got the timing down for the weight classes to get from going to Popo to Nanaeasily, but when Nana has the grab I can't quite get it down without dash grabbing (he goes way to far away) I can only tilt the control stick to grab him out of the getting out of grab animation. If you can, could you please explain what I should do?

Also I understand the basic idea of desyncing, but I can't do it on purpose very easily, I've tried a dash dancing thing that I do and it seems to work out well. So what do I do with the desync? and how do I stay desynced(sp?) when i start to do the alternating ice block they get synced again. Thank you very much for your help.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
I had this problem when i was first learning CG's. Instead of standing, grabbing, CGing; try to initiate the first grab from a running motion. What this does is slightly space the climbers apart in such a way where i found it much easier to learn the fluidity of the technique. Because when done right a CG combo is supposed to be very quick and without pause. Thats why you need all the grabs to become second nature so that no thinking is involved in whatever situation you find yourself in where CG's could really be beneficial. Doing it from a running motions also better represents a real fight because youll end up grabbing your opponent while dashing much more often that from a standstill position where Popo and Nana are right on top of eachother.

And as far as desyncing goes. The easiest desync to start out with is where you walk the opposite direction of your opponent, then press back and Z almost simultaneously. When i say almost i mean that back has to be pressed just fractions of a second before Z. This will result in Popo rolling backwards while Nana grabs, desyncing them. Youll learn more as you go but ive found no real use for other but this one as its the most reliable and easiest to do without fail. Theres a good desyncing guide on these forums somewhere, a quick skim should lead you to the vids you need.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
Youll learn more as you go but ive found no real use for other but this one as its the most reliable and easiest to do without fail. Theres a good desyncing guide on these forums somewhere, a quick skim should lead you to the vids you need.
For me it seems that the pivot desync is harder to do but more reliable, and nana can hit the opponent with a dashing attack and combo into an fsmash to a blizzard and grab, while the Z roll desync is easier to do and less reliable, but is slightly faster. You should probably use the Z roll desync from a distance, and the pivot desync if you are in close range of the opponent.

Top Bottom