• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the Brawl Delay (Coming from two retailers in Japan)

Aeriath

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this has been said before but if it has excuse me in advance. I recently talked to a japanese video game store clerk, asking about the delay for smash brothers and making sure it would be coming out on the 31st. To my surprise, he said that they are not sure if it will even come out on the 31st because nintendo is having problems getting the network (presumably for online) set up. Of course, I had to take this with a grain of salt at first, but when a friend of mine said a Yodobashi Camera (huge retailer) wouldn't let him place a reservation because the game date isn't set, it worried me a lot. This could not be the reason, but it would definitely make sense as to why such a late delay happened. Anyway, I just hoped to shed some light on the delay. Hope it helped.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai can give it an extra week if he wants, but if he delays it more then that, I'm making a unhappy face. Not that it matters.

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
its 8 days and something hours till its released in Japan (they are a day ahead, so for us the 31st is 9 days and something hours)

its way too close to delay again
and a delay wasnt released today, so for Japan it would be a week or less before the game comes out when a delay would be announced. too close!

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
its 8 days and something hours till its released in Japan (they are a day ahead, so for us the 31st is 9 days and something hours)

its way too close to delay again
and a delay wasnt released today, so for Japan it would be a week or less before the game comes out when a delay would be announced. too close!
If he delays it tomorrow, it's roughly as close as when it got delayed last week.

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it will get delayed anymore in the US, but i could see a week or two delay in japan to fix online issues.
They should still release it, online capable or not. Just have the online service off for a week or something!

S2

Smash Lord
Yeah a slight delay in Japan at this point is probably not going to effect the US or PAL releases.

The latest delay is probably due to production and getting the network working. I'm sure the US date was placed a month back (instead of Japan's 1 week back) to accomodate any slippage in both those areas.

As for the clerks... I imagine its probably the same as most EB/GS/GC/etc workers here in the States. That is, they feed customers all sorts of rumors and miss info without really doing any research on it.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i hope to god/buddha/allah/confucius/everything else i'm leaving out that this game isn't delayed again

Krell

Smash Journeyman
This is probably correct, but I hope not. I don't see how they can be ****ing up the online capabilities so much, but it seems likely to be so. Maybe if they got rid of the ******** AI control and just kick somebody from the game when they get disconnected.
Also, to hell with another delay. I plan on buying the Japanese version so this bites!

Top Bottom