• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About SSBU gamecube controller

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
So... some dude just went sicko mode and busted my SSBU gamecube controller up. Threw it after ragequitting. ANYWAYS, the cheapest (new) controller I could find is a japanese import. Would it have any problems with a U.S. adapter/Console? Should I get a japanese adapter as well?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
There shouldn't be any issue. Your adapter should work fine as I see plenty of people buying the white smash 4 GC controller (They're only in Japan) and people use them on their American Consoles.
My White GC controller I ordered a couple months back came from a Japan seller and that also works on my switch and Wii U so you're good.

Last edited:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
On german amazon there are retailers who sell a new one for about 50€.

I hate that Nintendo doesn’t produce their stuff in decent quantities.

I ordered 4 Controllers and a adapter in October 2018. Since then the value almost doubled itself.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Be careful with non-Nintendo controllers. One time I got a "gamecube" controller manufactured by a third party, and within a few weeks the analog stick had gotten loose and no longer snapped tightly back to the center. This was just with regular play, under similar conditions to any other controller I'd use.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Be careful with non-Nintendo controllers. One time I got a "gamecube" controller manufactured by a third party, and within a few weeks the analog stick had gotten loose and no longer snapped tightly back to the center. This was just with regular play, under similar conditions to any other controller I'd use.
That's assuming you don't get a ****ty one that doesn't even work in the first place. Few years ago I got a 3rd party one that wouldn't even register smashes on the C stick.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
That's assuming you don't get a ****ty one that doesn't even work in the first place. Few years ago I got a 3rd party one that wouldn't even register smashes on the C stick.
That's my point. Be careful which controller you buy, or you'll end up with a junky controller that wears out super fast or doesn't work properly.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it's better to spend more on quality then save a little and get a crummy product

Top Bottom