• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Samus' Charge Shot...

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
You guys know Mewtwo can charge his Shadow Ball in the air, Sheik can charge her Needles in the air too and Donkey Kong his Punch... But Samus can't charge in the air...

Do you think, guys, this should be fixed for Nintendo Wii Super Smash Brothers: Brawl?

Let us know your opinion. Thanks!

D_boy

Smash Cadet
No, Look at the power that her blast has. donkey Kong can cause he is slow, i think it is for a balance thing. (I hate her)

Myztek

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's for balance. She already has missiles and bombs. If she could charge in the air, she'd get her fully-charged blast much more often.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Well as a Samus player i must say it would be nice but really when your in the air with Samus her actual moves are better options or if at a distance homing and super missiles rather than charging.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
i agree that it helps balance the characters, iv many a time attempted to charge in the air as im used to playing with characters like shiek, even dk, more then samus,

she;d be too sweetness if she could,

myztek.. ur sig is the hotness

reigningdarkness

Smash Cadet
it should be something fixed, but i dont samus' ball it can be stopped by anything it runs in to, if it was more like the super scope then it would be better, but you know how it goes.

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
Ya it would make sense if she could charge in the air since everyone else can. Its only fair.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because she's so floaty, she'd get one free full charge shot if she had it half-charged each time she's smacked off stage and DI's it properly and still be able to recover.

It's for balance, yes.

Takalth

Smash Ace
I would like to see it added, but that's because I want to see stuff added to all of the characters. From a current balance perspective, it may be too powerful, but if everybody is getting new tricks, it would be an awesome one to add.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I realize it's been a year since anyone replied to this, but I wanted to comment on how (according to the OFFICIAL smashbros.com website) players can now move while holding the Super Scope or other projectile-firing weapons. Seems off-topic, but maybe it could be a sign that Samus will be able to move while charging. Not like the charge-roll-charge technique, but actually jumping or walking while you charge.

El HP

Smash Ace
I think samus should be able to charge when moving like in metroid games, why anyone mentions balance when melee is unbalanced samus is a standard character she is not overpowered in any way.

Framerate

Smash Lord
With the new run and gun mechanic, and looking back at how in every Metroid game Samus can run and shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if she did so in brawl. The shots would probably be like Fox's lazer, and the charge would be similar, if not a bit weaker, than it was in Melee. I dunno exactly how they'd do it, but of course they'll make it balanced. The only problem would be, if you are running would it do over and b. Heck, maybe samus won't have an over and b. Who knows >_>

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
well, she was able to do it in the prime series, so why not? which brings me to the issue of why they aren't using the prime suit for samus...

i think it would make things more exciting! that is... only if everyone else/ a majority of the others also get tweaked/ upgraded...

but my choice is yes. it'll add another new level to a game.

Top Bottom