• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Rising Reverse Bairs & Falling Fairs

IthoughtMarthwasagirl

Smash Rookie
NNID
dreamsandmoney
3DS FC
0318-9275-7989
I am sure this has been talked about in some guides before but I wanted to talk/learn about this some more.

I think this is very important to any Marth/Lucina/Roy/Ike player out there.

When is it better to use a reverse bair when should I use a fair?

Since The bair starts out from the bottom of Marth's body and end slightly over his head it is better to use it while going upwards in the jump animation as opposed to going downwards or fast falling.

So if you input a bair right after short hopping the bairs hitbox starts out from Marth's foot at the ground and ends at Marth's head in the air.

Fair is the exact opposite. It starts out slightly over his head and ends a little bit under his foot. Thus it is more efficient to use it while you decelerate.

There are also some other factors going in with the horizontal hitboxes. I feel like this is more notable with the fair.

I am not quite sure how much of a difference it makes but from my experience retreating aerials cover a larger aria than approaching ones.

If this is already a threat I think it's worthy of being a sticky thread.

Also feel free to correct me and add information in the comment section. (This doesn't include Uairs and Dairs yet.)

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I personally use Fair more. Though Bair has slightly better autocancel windows, I still find it safer and easier to hit with Fair. I also do a lot of full hop Fair into falling Nair.

Top Bottom