• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Pikachu's back-air

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I want to ask you Pikachu players something about his b-air. I was playing against a Fox player on Smash Ladder and when hes about to use his Fire Fox, I decide to use Pikachu's b-air and for some reason, my cause a weak spike while trading with Fox's recovery. I was alittle surpised that this happen and try it again when I forced the player to use his up-b after knocking him out of his side-b. You hit with the bottom part of the b-air which is Pikachu's stomach after Fox does his Fire Fox. This is nothing new, but I just to want to share this discovery with you guys and this should work on Falco as well. If you do a b-air on a Fox player and discover the weak spike of the b-air on Fox's fire fox, feel free to share your experience with it if you want. I highly doubt this, if this works on characters as well, then let me know in this thread and which character does it work on.

DoleNath

Smash Rookie
You can get the same result on any character by fast falling the later half of the move. Not sure if this is what you are doing anyway

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
fast falling with certain multi-hit moves causes the opponent to match your momentum (I.E.they move in the same direction at the same speed as you). These moves are referred to as auto-linking moves. One quirk with auto-linking moves is that if you trade with someone while fast falling, they will receive knockback similar to a weak spike

Last edited:

O Hobbit

Smash Cadet
You don't even need to fast fall, you just need to trade. Using bair as an edguard is amazing against some recovers like Fox, Marth, Lucina, Toon Link, C.Falcon, Ganon, Mario, Luigi and a few others. Against these characters, with you trade our bair with their up-b, they will receive a mini-spike, which will kill most of them. But you need to be aware that against some up-b bair is close to useless, because they have higher priority, so your timing needs to be perfect. Againts Bowser, DK, Falco, Ness and Little Mac, for exemplo, dair would be the better option, since our dair will beat their moves, while bair wouldn't even trade and you would just take the damage.

Top Bottom