• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Ness's second PK Thunder...

pkrocking

Smash Rookie
NNID
princeself
3DS FC
4141-3478-5397
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, (or on the Wii U version for that matter, since I only own the 3ds version) but does Ness's second PK Thunder after hitting a wall go higher than usual after start-up?

If I miss PK Thunder and hit a wall, then try to recover using his second one, it always ends up going way higher than it normally should, and it always ends up either not reaching me in time, or I thunder crash myself down and die.

Is it only me, or...?

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
I think this is due to the perceived displacement of ness vs. pkt2 as you typically bounce from a wall. Usually using pk thunder more or less cancels any momentum you are carrying and this is what you "feel" is normal. However, when using pk thunder the second time after bouncing off the wall, this momentum canceling doesn't happen as effectively/quickly. Therefore as you pk thunder while you are still drifting away from the stage, the distance between the two increases quicker and what you get is the feel that it goes higher. As a result you have to anticipate that and compensate by changing your typical pkt2 path. It's certainly harder to do, but at least you get the option!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I think this is due to the perceived displacement of ness vs. pkt2 as you typically bounce from a wall. Usually using pk thunder more or less cancels any momentum you are carrying and this is what you "feel" is normal. However, when using pk thunder the second time after bouncing off the wall, this momentum canceling doesn't happen as effectively/quickly. Therefore as you pk thunder while you are still drifting away from the stage, the distance between the two increases quicker and what you get is the feel that it goes higher. As a result you have to anticipate that and compensate by changing your typical pkt2 path. It's certainly harder to do, but at least you get the option!
This is probably what you're experiencing. Ness slides a bit after a bounce.

Top Bottom