• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

? about my Sm4sh Comp. Main

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
So, for a while now, I have wanted to join a local smash scene with my friend and I've been practicing a lot. As of late, I was using Mario a ton but not getting great results. Here and there I would crush somebody, but usually it was me playing very poor in comparison. I used to play extremely well with my Mario, but performance dropped. I really enjoy Marios playstyle, but I think I need a change. What characters should I look into that have a similar playstyle to Mario (Well Rounded, Ok Combo game, kill throw, gimp potential maybe)

Raijinken

Smash Master
Captain Falcon, DK, Peach, Wii Fit Trainer, Roy, Ness, Lucas, and Dark Pit all spring to mind as fitting one or more of those qualifiers.

Last edited:

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon, DK, Peach, Wii Fit Trainer, Roy, Ness, Lucas, and Dark Pit all spring to mind as fitting one or more of those qualifiers.
I did secondary Roy for a while but I wasn't feeling it. He doesn't have a kill throw or a lethal throw combo (dthrow -- up b is hard to hit at kill percents, especially against good opponents). I might look into the Pits or DK though. I'm not sure yet, so if anything else comes to mind be sure to tell

Raijinken

Smash Master
I did secondary Roy for a while but I wasn't feeling it. He doesn't have a kill throw or a lethal throw combo (dthrow -- up b is hard to hit at kill percents, especially against good opponents). I might look into the Pits or DK though. I'm not sure yet, so if anything else comes to mind be sure to tell
Roy's up-throw, like Marth's and Lucina's, will kill at around 140. Not an early killer by any means, but if they live that long and you land the grab, not much they can do about it.

DK's main disadvantage is that his neutral game isn't great, but if you've seen any recent DK play then you know what he does if he lands a grab. Pit is probably the next most well-rounded character after Mario.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Roy's up-throw, like Marth's and Lucina's, will kill at around 140. Not an early killer by any means, but if they live that long and you land the grab, not much they can do about it.

DK's main disadvantage is that his neutral game isn't great, but if you've seen any recent DK play then you know what he does if he lands a grab. Pit is probably the next most well-rounded character after Mario.
I was thinking about Pit but I dislike his predictable recovery and spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom