• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About ledge held attacks...

Missile

Smash Apprentice
I believe every character has two, so I might be posting this in the wrong forum, but since I don't know any details about it, then I theorize it might be different for every character.

Anyways, what's the difference between the two? One is faster than the other, that I know, but is there any difference on how to perform them?
I've noticed that when you press A while you're at high percentages *90+*, Samus does the one where she hits with the Cannon, instead of the one where she does a somersault and kicks.

How do you perform each, if there's a difference, and when would you use the ledge attacks? Some of the disadvantages are obvious (lag, which brings vulnerability) as well as some advantages I.E. invinc. frames.

'Fro

Smash Lord
1. Wrong forum for sure.
2. Your normal get-up from the ledge, roll and ledge attack all become slower when your character is at 100% or more. The differences are pretty much obvious. However, Samus's 100% and over roll off the ledge is LONG. It's surprising what that thing can edge-hog. Anyways, I can see you're new, so a couple of things for future reference:
a. Make sure to search before asking about stuff like this.
b. Make sure to post in the right section if you can't find what you're looking for.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, Fro. Sorry, I tried searching, but I got no answers, as I don't know the terms for the attacks. I just call them edge get up attacks, and get up attacks are the ones when you press A after being knocked down to the floor.

But is there any difference between the two attacks?

Geist

Smash Master
Well when Samus is under 100%, her ledge attack can be good in the right situation. If they CC they can punish you pretty easily.
When she's over 100% her attack is purely situational, being the move you use if you're in a desperate enough situation. It's slower, does less damage, and lags until all the invincibility frames are gone, and they just hit you off the stage again and probably kill you.

Instead of attacking directly off the edge, you should replace it with ledge dropped nairs. It gives you more options, does more damage, has a bigger hitbox, and it comes out faster.

Top Bottom