• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About D-throw into Judgement...

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I know its RNG and stuff..but I literally just lost a match cause I got grabbed at 0 percent into a dthrow and the ******* got a 9...and killed me from the center of the stage...how....how is that fair....that'd be like if for Wii Fit Trainer, 1 out of like 100 times her Deep Breathing cause her to heal 100%. Why is 9 so ungodly powerful and so easy to combo nito from a simple d throw...can you dodge it...and i dont mean just dont get grabbed, cause thats ridiculous to do for an entire match. help would be lovely... otherwise i could wreck that jerk player.

lllp3lll

Smash Apprentice
Git Gud.

9 doesn't Kill at 0%, DI better.

and i dont mean just dont get grabbed, cause thats ridiculous to do for an entire match.
Is this your first smash? Did you not play against Ice climbers.

Last edited:

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Calm down, he's not gonna get a 9 every damn time. Heck, it's harder to let the RNG get you a 9 than it was in say Project M, where you could at least predict you would either get an odd or even number.

Plus, dthrow to side B can be jumped out of. Dthrow is what we literally do only. But you must have faster reflexes, because in this game G&W's throw animation is faster.

Last edited:

FrameImperfect

Smash Cadet
NNID
3x3=?
3DS FC
0044-2904-0617
I know its RNG and stuff..but I literally just lost a match cause I got grabbed at 0 percent into a dthrow and the ******* got a 9...and killed me from the center of the stage...how....how is that fair....that'd be like if for Wii Fit Trainer, 1 out of like 100 times her Deep Breathing cause her to heal 100%. Why is 9 so ungodly powerful and so easy to combo nito from a simple d throw...can you dodge it...and i dont mean just dont get grabbed, cause thats ridiculous to do for an entire match. help would be lovely... otherwise i could wreck that jerk player.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

trummyg

Smash Cadet
I was playing against Diddy yesterday, and I hit a 9 as soon as the match started. He respawned, and I grabbed him and hit it again. That was game. I was at/near 0% But we were also near the edge. You just gotta be able to jump just before he decides to judge.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Learn to play around it.

Acting super salty and childish won't win you any matches.

"Yeah well I wouldve won if he hadnt gotten the 9" No, you wouldn't have, because you lost. Simple as that. "How is that fair" G&W has had Judgement since he was added and it's as fair as any other move in the game. He could've just as easily done 2 damage to you and 12 to himself by getting a 1.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Learn to play around it.

Acting super salty and childish won't win you any matches.

"Yeah well I wouldve won if he hadnt gotten the 9" No, you wouldn't have, because you lost. Simple as that. "How is that fair" G&W has had Judgement since he was added and it's as fair as any other move in the game. He could've just as easily done 2 damage to you and 12 to himself by getting a 1.

if he hadnt gotten 9 it wouldnt have killed me so early, so I would've had a better chance of winning...and yeah its been here since melee...but I've never seen anyone combo into it so easily in the other games.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
That move is still really bad and it only combos at lower %

If you fear that move that much then don't get grabbed before like 35-40% or so

Then get grabbed as much as you want, he has dthrow followups though so I dont recommend it

Last edited:

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
if he hadnt gotten 9 it wouldnt have killed me so early, so I would've had a better chance of winning.
But he got 9, so it did kill you. Stop trying to make up excuses and learn to accept the fact that you lost to it.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
That move is still really bad and it only combos at lower %

If you fear that move that much then don't get grabbed before like 35-40% or so

Then get grabbed as much as you want, he has dthrow followups though so I dont recommend it
thank you...finally I get some actual help and thought about how to deal with it.

Top Bottom