• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Chain Grabbing...

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice
Can you chain more then 3 grabs on a Lv 9 CPU? Am I just being sloppy, or does the computer screw up and not do a perfect spot dodge after the first?

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Pretty much. Some characters can jab out though. Like Wolf.

Edit: Ah, what the heck smashboards! I hit refresh because the page went white, and then it posts three times >_<

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Get someone to hold A as wolf while you're chaining. They'll jab you before you get the next throw in.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
DDD's chaingrab doesn't really work. It really only works on like a few characters like samus, mario, and pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Chaingrabbing a Ganondorf is pretty easy. Or maybe another Dedede works too.
Light Characters, like Pika, Fox, etc. cannot be chaingrabbed because they will just get knocked out, and fall to the floor. However its better against the large characters.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
A truly legit chaingrab, which is NOT easy, is impossible for many characters to get out of. Most lvl. 9s are too stupid to escape the chain grab even if you don't do it perfectly, but even noobs or anyone who knows how to hold down A humans can get out of it if you aren't perfect.

For the chain you (correct me if I'm wrong) have to run as soon as you can (i thinks thats just as the tips of his feet touch the ground) and grab (I feel like shield grab and z-grab are equally effective) as soon as the running animations start.

Top Bottom