• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AAA exploit? Or is this old news?

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Hi, folks. I'm a bit of a newbie here, so I apologize if this is common knowledge.

I was watching this (FANTASTIC) Snake vs Snake video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivLP97PkcIM and I noticed a ver yodd thing where the player would seem almost glitch out, rapidly firing the first punch of the AAA combo. It occurs at 0:29, 1:08, 1:52, and 2:22.

What exactly is this? Is it a known Snake technique?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's old and can be done by a whole bunch of characters. So far, my conclusion is that holding A will rapidly make all characters with fast As with very little lag and startup frames for the 2nd A in their jab to rapidly do their 1st jab.

Doable with, among others, Pikachu.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Yea it's a new game mechanic. If you have a # combo and not an infinite one like Falco you can keep the first punch going. Why you would I dunno.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea it's a new game mechanic. If you have a # combo and not an infinite one like Falco you can keep the first punch going. Why you would I dunno.
Not true. Captain Falcon has an infinite jab if you hit AAAA, but he can do it. Peach doesn't, and she can't.

The only correalation I've found is the speed of the jabs.

Kruton

Smash Ace
Yeah, if you hold in A, you will do the rapid jab, and if it connects, he will continue with the follow up jab and then the kick.

Top Bottom