• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Whatshamacallit(trick)(thing)(whatever)

kongajinken

Smash Cadet
Recently I found out that if you use downB and land then instantly fall off a ledge due to sliding. It stops your lag down time and can continue doing what ever.

Any way if you make a max size piece that looks like " _ " just the smaller version and 3 boxes above it you can do this indefinitely.

level should look like so (O=regular square box)

OOO
(allow one box sized gap between the two)(start in here)
---

note1.you must kick or you won't slide enough
note2.you must go all the way to the side drop below the --- then start downB
note3.after your first downB->slide off the edge just mash downB and you will continue this forever

I just found it kinda cool so I decided to post it.

I would post a video of it but I don't have a camera.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I didn't quite understand your _'s and O's explanation. The slide cancelling off the edge I guess is a bit obvious, but it's useful to know that can use it as a half-stall with ZSS.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Edgecanceling was in Melee, too, you know. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in 64, too.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
I just thought the ability to do downB endlessly without lag frames was kinda cool.
Not your fault, kiddo.
It definitely is pretty cool.
:3 Just be a bit more careful with what you post next time.
Almost everyone on smashboards is a tight-***, even myself.
You'll get used to it, and you'll even love it more often than not.
<3

And ph00tbag, you're welcome for the siggy. ;D

-Nox`

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I imagine it could have some good uses, like mindgaming into a bair or something.​

Top Bottom