• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A weird OoS tech error discovered?

TylerX5

Smash Apprentice
I was practicing OoS WDing and I noticed that every now and then the character would do a shield drop animation. At first I though this was because I was inputting jump after letting go of shield instead of jumping while still in shield, but since you can JC the shield drop animation I still should've went into a jump. So after searching for the input window I think I've pinned it down to the frame (or frames around) pressing jump while releasing shield.

So basically I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that releasing shield and pressing jump at the same time results in the jump input being dropped.

Kadano

Magical Express
Your observation is correct. To wavedash out of shield, you need to either input a jump while still holding shield, or jump from the shield-off animation.

It’s probably due to how the button queries are programmed.

Top Bottom