• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A WACKY idea

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

Shears

Smash Master
the minority shouldn't be given preference over the majority in this case. makes no sense.
Tell that to affirmative action.

Most people already own a laptop, dude. In an alternate universe where emulators on smart phones are the alternative to console, it'd be like if I said, "well, how much does it cost to buy a smart phone + an adapter?" Almost every single person owns a smart phone already.
Its not about going out and buying a laptop for tournaments. Its not about everyone already owning a laptop. Its about me (and others) not wanting to put my $1000 laptop in a huge venue and have a million people playing on it only for me to go to the bathroom, come back, and find out its been stolen. Go ahead, steal my $5 crt, but a laptop is much more valuable. Unless you want to redownload the fappening for me, I'm not losing this bad boy.

It would be hilarious to have a McAfee alert popup in the middle of Apex GF though lol.
And even worse, with windows 8 when your computer has updates it won't even ask you if you want to wait to download and install them. It just tells you that its restarting and you have 15 minutes to save yourself. If you close out the message and ignore it, 15 minutes later your whole computer becomes unusable for almost an hour.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Wtf does affirmative action have to do with this lmao

caneut

Smash Ace
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need.

Shears

Smash Master
Wtf does affirmative action have to do with this lmao
That minorities shouldn't get preference over the majority. Affirmative action is what this is all about.

Minority: non console players
Majority: console players
Affirmative action: minority gets preference over majority
Wacky idea: tournaments run to accommodate minority preference instead of majority preference

When I was in high school I raced this kid in the 100m. We both tied with an 11.2. They could have easily given us the tie and split the points for both teams. Instead, affirmative action took charge and they gave him first and me second because I was white. Its not fair. Neither is the wacky idea of flipping tournaments upside down on their heads to please the minority non console players and apathetic melee players, who by the way use controller differences as an excuse but really don't like the game because they don't understand it/aren't good at it/think the graphics are ****ty/they sucked melees **** and don't want to have a love affair with 64.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I agree race relations are just like console vs online, that's proper

Shears

Smash Master
It is. We are a community, divided by our playing roots. The old fashioned white collar console purists, versus the struggling to survive second class online players. Majority versus minority, and as the community is in civil unrest, the war between online and console begins.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Instead, affirmative action took charge and they gave him first and me second because I was white. Its not fair.
not fair for more than one reason am i right

also cue curb your enthusiasm clip of affirmative action

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
It's just a fact that it's not exactly cheap to build.
wtf less than $200 is cheap

new version is litterally bbb + power cord + 4d 3 in touchscreen = $55 (or $45) + $5 + $60
= $120 or $110

Literally work a minimum wage job for 2-3 days and you can afford it

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
Its not about going out and buying a laptop for tournaments. Its not about everyone already owning a laptop. Its about me (and others) not wanting to put my $1000 laptop in a huge venue and have a million people playing on it only for me to go to the bathroom, come back, and find out its been stolen. Go ahead, steal my $5 crt, but a laptop is much more valuable. Unless you want to redownload the fappening for me, I'm not losing this bad boy.

And even worse, with windows 8 when your computer has updates it won't even ask you if you want to wait to download and install them. It just tells you that its restarting and you have 15 minutes to save yourself. If you close out the message and ignore it, 15 minutes later your whole computer becomes unusable for almost an hour.
You've said this already, and yeah, you're right. It's a legitimate issue. I think in the Melee it On Me group, they are thinking of ways to make the setups more secure. Specifically for the upcoming Smash 4 tournaments because the Wii U isn't exactly cheap either.

wtf less than $200 is cheap

new version is litterally bbb + power cord + 4d 3 in touchscreen = $55 (or $45) + $5 + $60
= $120 or $110

Literally work a minimum wage job for 2-3 days and you can afford it

lol. I know. Kabal thought it was too expensive, and he has a job. I don't know if Bane has a job, but I doubt he would drop that amount of money for an adapter he'll hardly use. You see, it's not so much that it's too expensive, it's that it's a lot of money when you won't even get to use it much. It's more of a better investment if you buy an adapter to play Melee than 64.

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I dunno sounds like that implements a timer, could be good

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I've already conceded on that point. People who need adapters are in the minority. It's just a fact that it's not exactly cheap to build. People like you who provided these this year will not be able to provide them again next year, so now it's up to Pidge to help out the keyboard kingz and stuff.
Oh great the pressure's on me now aint it :(

Top Bottom