• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A vs C-Stick?

Which do you prefer to use?

• A Button

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • C-Stick

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

B.Wong

Smash Cadet
Which button (A or c-stick) do you prefer to use when playing Marth? Why? Is either acceptable to play an excellent Marth or is one method completely better than the other?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
It's all about preference. If you can put out aerials faster and more efficiently with one method, stick to that method. C-stick has the advantage of using aerials and at the same time choosing your air movement, whether forward or backwards. But people who use A can still manipulate their air movement with practice. At the end of the day, it's how comfortable you are with your controller inputs. I personally use C-stick for all my aerials, except nair.

For Marth, whether doing SH double fair or falling back fairs/bairs/nairs/etc won't matter much when you get comfortable with either A or C-stick.

Rlagkrud

Smash Cadet
fun fact
PPMD uses A for aerials except for uairs
M2k says he mostly uses C-stick

anyone know what PPU or Moon uses?

Last edited:

Sleepy Driz

Smash Cadet
C-stick is the way to go. You have more control over aerial drift while attacking and you don't accidentally fastfall or double jump when dairing/uairing respectively.

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
I'll use A only for Nair and SHDF (even though I'm still slow doing SHDF) C-stick allows for movement a lot easier and I can choose when to fast fall

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
What you are best at doing is your best option.

C-Stick is better because not forcing any aerial drift, and allow you to move a different direction w/ the Control Stick at the same. Control is better if it feels better, or is easier or faster for you to do.
Some of my aerials when facing right are done w/ Control Stick, as well as some short hop Uairs. The rest are C-Stick. It's up to you (to add a voting option for both :p).

PixelPerfect

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Link1182
I usually use the c stick since it lets me use a different aerial afterwards easier and I can avoid aerial drift. It's all about personal preference though.

Top Bottom