• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A video I discussing lesser known combos and tactics for Marth (and Lucina).

OmegaLiar

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIInrvWDS-4
I tried to bring some new tactics to the table, like how underused dancing blade is for mid range kills, and the versatility of Up air over fair. I would love feed back, criticism, and discussion. As a fire emblem enthusiast and Marth (Lucina, Ike, Roy, and Robin) main, I would love to see the character devleope, and I feel this video can help serve as a guide so more people can learn some of the advantages of Marth.

I posted this to /r/smashbros and someone suggested I post it here as well.

Last edited:

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
Really nice vid, it does confirms me the viability to aproach with upair, and it also teaches me how to use the DB in a more optimal way, thank you.

OmegaLiar

Smash Rookie
Really nice vid, it does confirms me the viability to aproach with upair, and it also teaches me how to use the DB in a more optimal way, thank you.
I'm really glad you liked it. I want the series to focus on the aspects that are often ignored on the lower end of the tier list. No one ever expects to actually be killed by dancing blade, but it is impressive with its knockback properties and is completely viable.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think I remember using DB as a kill tool sometimes, though I haven't really got in the knack of the great hitstunning properties of DB before. Great guide!

OmegaLiar

Smash Rookie
I think I remember using DB as a kill tool sometimes, though I haven't really got in the knack of the great hitstunning properties of DB before. Great guide!
The best part is, even at higher % (also highly dependent on character) the last two hits can still connect as a combo.

Also thank you, glad you liked it.

Top Bottom