• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A very different question concerning MK and speed

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
How can I be frame perfect?

Not a joke question, real talk. How can I get to the point where every thing I do I am technically perfect? Like say I maximize my ledge dashes so I have all 10 frames of invincibility. And do the fastest IDCs possible. Things like that.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Seriously though, that's the only way to become frame perfect. Do some TAS testing maybe and see what they look like, and save your inputs in dolphin and see how close you are coming, and just keep doing everything over and over again until everything is right.

In reality, true frame perfection isn't really a thing because so many things don't actually require a 1 frame input like Marth's pivot Fsmash (at least in Melee) or Samus' super wavedash. Nobody is going to notice if you get an IDC out on frame 8 instead of 7 and you will probably never need that 1 frame window. So don't worry about getting things like that truly frame perfect, just get them to the point where it works, and if that's a 1 frame window then so be it. But don't stress it too much because you'll be wasting your time.

Some other people probably know a little more about figuring out how perfect you are doing something in real time, but that's all I can say. Many things have a rhythm, I know you can practice Falcon's perfect haxdash with a certain BPM on a metronome.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
Ya, MK is not really the character to be frame perfect with. Like frame perfect ledge dashes could actually be used, but a lot of other stuff are not really useful to be frame perfect with. Here are a few things I think MK mains should do really fast.
  • Nair OOS. MK's best OOS option along with
  • SH Uair OOS. Lead's into Nair, Fair, another Uair, Re-grab. Largely DI dependent.
  • Ledge Dashes

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Step 1) wait for 3.5
Step 2) use debug so that you can practice prefectly
Step 3) repeat step 2 till you are where you wanna be

Top Bottom