• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A useful bit for mind-gaming

D

Deleted member

Chances are that people who main Sonic already know this, but I'm going to post it here anyway.

I usually do this to people who try to juggle me (especially Lucas). When someone knocks you upward, I usually try to return to the stage as fast as I can with a Dair. But if they start charging their spike or something to camp you, that can totally ruin it considering that the Dair isn't the most prioritized move in your arsenal.

Buuuut if you Uair right at the apex of their jump, you can throw them off by giving you a bit more height, and then a Dair as normal.

One thing is that you have to try and not be so predictable, so if they expect you to be in the air longer, just ignore doing the Uair and you're back in control.

Note: I don't know if Uair ALWAYS gives you upward momentum when you use it. Generally it gives you very little, but sometimes it gives you alot. I've noticed that when I'm shot upward and Dair, the momentum from the launch is virtually cancelled. From THERE I always Uair, as it seems I get the most height.

So to sum it all up, when I get knocked upward, I either Dair Uair Dair or just Dair Dair

Some people may like Sonic's aerial game alot, but I think he totally dominates the ground., which is why I generally like to dair back to the stage. :)

sblkbrn

Smash Cadet
Thats a basic fact that is good to share, but there are easier ways to no get juggled, and that's mid air dodges. Mid air dodges are simple, and trick them with a few aerials for easy damage. ard to get juggled with sonic

sblkbrn

Smash Cadet
Sonic's ground game is good, he is fast and shield roll grab and easy attacks... but that is basic knowledge.... he is great ground and great aerial

Top Bottom