• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Troublesome Foe...Lucas!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I've noticed you try to Air Dodge Lucas' projectiles.

Instead of Air Dodging away from Lucas, Air Dodge right AT him. As SOON as you land, cast Nayru's.
I think you need to use more Nayru's, it will help.

Don't be too afraid to use Din's, even though Lucas can absorb it. Don't spam it, but rather be sneaky with it.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Luthien was mentioning earlier that d-tilt cancels (well, sort of...) pk fire. I havent had the chance to test it myself, but it sounds like he's pretty sure about it. Is that only true if the Ness/ Lucas player is standing on the ground tho, or will that also apply if he attacks off the ground with it(short hop for instance)

Thanks

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Luthien was mentioning earlier that d-tilt cancels (well, sort of...) pk fire. I havent had the chance to test it myself, but it sounds like he's pretty sure about it. Is that only true if the Ness/ Lucas player is standing on the ground tho, or will that also apply if he attacks off the ground with it(short hop for instance)

Thanks
I'm not too sure on the short hop part, but try to practice Air Dodging them. It helps :D

ZeldaDestiny

Smash Rookie
Lucas's upsmash is the only useful ting about him, against Zelda.

Three things you need to be doing with Zelda.

1. Never ever get above Lucas. Once he activates the freaking smash though, f-smash him, you'll even have time to charge it.

2. Lucas is short, hence use you;r Down tilts and smashes on him, its super effective.

3. Din's fire is still your friend, you just gotta be a little smarter. Actually its your best friend, Lucas is most vurenarble while falling. Uses din;s fire to make him air dogde (since that;s most player reaction), then lighting kick him when he comes out of it.

Same works for Mr. abosorber. It can;t eat a lighting kick.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I read that Lucas and Ness can be "chain-grabbed" by a lot of characters. I use quotations because it isn't a throw grab combo, so much as letting them break out and then using their lag to grab them again. Is Zelda among the lucky masses or does she still have to fight the old fashioned way?

Top Bottom