• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A tier list will ruin the Diversity of tournaments.

IllusionFox

Smash Rookie
I definitely agree. That a Tier list will ruin tournament cause they would be like so many people using the top tier characters. But on another hand a Tier list will inspirer people who are serious about playing brawl at a champ level.So really it don't matter to me because its Fox and Wolf all the way!!!

UltraDavidSRK

Smash Cadet
On no basis. No game's tier list is discovered in a month.Super Street Fighter II Turbo, out and played since 1994, has had significantly different tiering over its 14 year history, and even recently people have started to come around on realizing that a certain character is actually pretty good and in fact not bottom tier. Most games don't take that long (probably because most aren't as deep)having, but most games still take way, way longer than just a month.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, just to elaborate a little from my first post, and mention a few things others brought up, while it's sometimes possible to argue that a tier list causes character choice discrepancies because new players pick higher tiered characters, it's impossible to apply this argument to the first tier list created.

The first tier list will absolutely and completely reflect character choice discrepancies that already exist. From that point on, it's possible that the tier list will reinforce itself through high tier recruitment, but any initial draft of a tier list couldn't possibly cause discrepancies, only point them out.

red stone

Smash Ace
omg, are you guys kidding. A tier list can easily emerge out of this game. It's already become obvious who's better than who. in melee, the tier list kept recovery as a key part of determining tiers, which is why some of you may think that the game is more balanced. however, there are other things that are more important to determine them now. most importantly i think is KO power and speed of attacks. the reason these are important now is because there are no more combos and you seriously need to have that one hit you land to be a good one. also, because of the airdodge system, it's always good to be able to recover after a whiffed attack. A tier list is sooo easy to make for this game, its ridiculous. please everyone, stop saying that the game is balanced because it is definitely not. i don't know where you heard this. maybe you are misinformed or even ignorant, but i'm here to tell you that brawl is extremely unbalanced.

the only time i see a balanced fighter is when the game developers build upon a fighting system and perfect it(ie virtua fighter). however, brawl has a new faulted game engine which doesn't have the polish of multiple releases so it is really hard to be balanced.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
God, I hate these posters so much.

TIER LISTS EXIST IN FIGHTING GAMES. I'M SORRY, BUT THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

Seriously, can you please just shut up? Obviously better characters are going to be seen more in tournaments, but that doesn't mean that other "lower tier" characters won't ever be seen in tournaments. For all we know, they can place reasonably well. It completely depends on who's playing them. Also, it doesn't matter if a character is low tier. If somebody loves to use that character, then nobodies stopping them.

Tier lists are just a way to see which characters are not necessarily "the best", but more so who has the most options, good match ups against the majority of the characters, and just who has the most potential as a character. Even so, I believe that all characters have tons of potential, just some do more than others.

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
God, I hate these posters so much.

TIER LISTS EXIST IN FIGHTING GAMES. I'M SORRY, BUT THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

Seriously, can you please just shut up? Obviously better characters are going to be seen more in tournaments, but that doesn't mean that other "lower tier" characters won't ever be seen in tournaments. For all we know, they can place reasonably well. It completely depends on who's playing them. Also, it doesn't matter if a character is low tier. If somebody loves to use that character, then nobodies stopping them.

Tier lists are just a way to see which characters are not necessarily "the best", but more so who has the most options, good match ups against the majority of the characters, and just who has the most potential as a character. Even so, I believe that all characters have tons of potential, just some do more than others.
Amen.

Says the future toon link tier *****

Top Bottom