• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Thought About Implementing Advance/Famicom Wars Characters

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
They make them a clone of Snake.

I know, I know... "But who wants clones?!" But it could work, and, well, nobody really complains about Falco or Young Link not being good fighters :laugh:

But anyways, I just had this thought the other day. Since Snake isn't allowed guns, and that's the whole premise of the Wars games too, then what else would they do but throw explosives? In that regard, they could be very similar to Snake, if not even a clone. Of course, there are other Wars characters that can work on their own grounds (Andy can just use his giant wrench or something to get an original moveset, for example), but I was picturing a character like, say, Sami or Hawke. They could play radically different from Snake, stats and controlwise, but share his moves. Capice? There's only so many great ideas you can create for a limited type of character :p

On another note, I get the impression that we WILL see clones, but they will be more "Falco/Ganondorf" kinda clones, where there's enough changes to warrant them as a unique addition. And these clones will all have original Super Smash/Brawl Attacks. I can see a Wars fighter calling in an air strike, or busting up the place with a Neotank ;)

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
FlipTroopa said:
They make them a clone of Snake.

I know, I know... "But who wants clones?!" But it could work, and, well, nobody really complains about Falco or Young Link not being good fighters :laugh:

But anyways, I just had this thought the other day. Since Snake isn't allowed guns, and that's the whole premise of the Wars games too, then what else would they do but throw explosives? In that regard, they could be very similar to Snake, if not even a clone. Of course, there are other Wars characters that can work on their own grounds (Andy can just use his giant wrench or something to get an original moveset, for example), but I was picturing a character like, say, Sami or Hawke. They could play radically different from Snake, stats and controlwise, but share his moves. Capice? There's only so many great ideas you can create for a limited type of character :p

On another note, I get the impression that we WILL see clones, but they will be more "Falco/Ganondorf" kinda clones, where there's enough changes to warrant them as a unique addition. And these clones will all have original Super Smash/Brawl Attacks. I can see a Wars fighter calling in an air strike, or busting up the place with a Neotank ;)
Why limit yourself to making them clones? Thats just uncreative. Andy, Sami, and Max could all have their own original movesets just based on their pictures alone. Andy, He wears Red, he carries a Wrench, and he's somewhat small and wirey. You've got a set of A moves right there. For his B moves you could just look at the actual games he's in. He's the only CO in the original AW with a healing move, and then there are the various Famicom Wars Units that he could use, like sending out little Infantry units to fight, or even fabricating some B moves out of thin air, like Fox.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Ok, here's what I got.
Another one of my ignored movesets:

#7: Sami, the M16 wielding, belly baring hot chick for SSBB!

A,A,A: Slap, Backhand slap, Kick.
>A: Large kick, like C.Falcons Diagonal forward A.
VA: Low ground type kick. Zelda style.
^A: Swings M16 over her head. Laggy, but painful.

Nair: Spins around, causing trapper damage. up to 13%
Fair: Swipe forwards in front of her.
Bair: Jabs the M16 to the rear.
Dair: Swipes M16 downwards, like Marth. Lagggggy, but really nasty spike.
Uair: Flipkicks.

Fsmash: THWACK with the M16.
Usmash: Strong fist like an uppercut.
Dsmash: Crouches and swings M16 around.

Neutral B: Fires a stream of M16 bullets like Sheik needles.
Same messed up priority. After firing a few, she needs to reload.
The game keeps track of the number of bullets fired, to cut cheating.
Reloading can be cancelled at any time by attacking, but you'll need to view
the full animation for it to register. To reload, press B when out of ammo.
Double tap B to reload even if ammo isn't empty.

^B: Spawn a mini copter to pull her up.
>B: Throw a small grenade. Damaging, Yoshi's egg style. About 13%.
VB: Dunno. Open to ideas.

Runs like C.Falcon, only slower.

Fire effect added to some attacks.
The gun is on her back for all moves where it isn't used.

Lighter than C.Falcon. Maybe like Ness.

Jumps and falls like Shiek.

Super smash: A pixellated army comes and slaughters everyone.

Stage: Black fortress (?)

Possible clone character: Rachel

Moonless

Smash Rookie
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Ok, here's what I got.
Another one of my ignored movesets:

#7: Sami, the M16 wielding, belly baring hot chick for SSBB!

A,A,A: Slap, Backhand slap, Kick.
>A: Large kick, like C.Falcons Diagonal forward A.
VA: Low ground type kick. Zelda style.
^A: Swings M16 over her head. Laggy, but painful.

Nair: Spins around, causing trapper damage. up to 13%
Fair: Swipe forwards in front of her.
Bair: Jabs the M16 to the rear.
Dair: Swipes M16 downwards, like Marth. Lagggggy, but really nasty spike.
Uair: Flipkicks.

Fsmash: THWACK with the M16.
Usmash: Strong fist like an uppercut.
Dsmash: Crouches and swings M16 around.

Neutral B: Fires a stream of M16 bullets like Sheik needles.
Same messed up priority. After firing a few, she needs to reload.
The game keeps track of the number of bullets fired, to cut cheating.
Reloading can be cancelled at any time by attacking, but you'll need to view
the full animation for it to register. To reload, press B when out of ammo.
Double tap B to reload even if ammo isn't empty.

^B: Spawn a mini copter to pull her up.
>B: Throw a small grenade. Damaging, Yoshi's egg style. About 13%.
VB: Dunno. Open to ideas.

Runs like C.Falcon, only slower.

Fire effect added to some attacks.
The gun is on her back for all moves where it isn't used.

Lighter than C.Falcon. Maybe like Ness.

Jumps and falls like Shiek.

Super smash: A pixellated army comes and slaughters everyone.

I always laiked the idea of putting Sami in the game. Weren't infantry units actually suggested or something in the Japanese site?

Anyway, I have a few move ideas different to those.

B: Instead of just shooting forward, Sami could fire in a 360 degree axis, and since guns aren't preferable in Brawl, maybe, instead of real shooting, why not use bullets similar to the Super Scope's? Also, in my mind, she would fire 3 shots at a time, with some lag between each 3 shots.
B> or B^: Sami would use a Mech-like bazooka. The missile would be as strong as Samus' missiles, and would have some lag after used in the ground, shooting forward. In the air, it would serve as a third jump. In the air, it should take around a second or so to fire, so that we could aim the direction of the shot. Sami would fly the direction opposite of the shot, and turn around, so that she could grab ledges and such.

The grenado could be B^ or Bv.

Weight-wise, she should be around as heavy as Zelda, for example, and should be a fast runner, since she's supposed to be infantry and all.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I don't know why they shouldn't put in Advance Wars characters. It's very similar to fire emblem. They should include one or two.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Moonless said:
I always laiked the idea of putting Sami in the game. Weren't infantry units actually suggested or something in the Japanese site?

Anyway, I have a few move ideas different to those.

B: Instead of just shooting forward, Sami could fire in a 360 degree axis, and since guns aren't preferable in Brawl, maybe, instead of real shooting, why not use bullets similar to the Super Scope's? Also, in my mind, she would fire 3 shots at a time, with some lag between each 3 shots.
B> or B^: Sami would use a Mech-like bazooka. The missile would be as strong as Samus' missiles, and would have some lag after used in the ground, shooting forward. In the air, it would serve as a third jump. In the air, it should take around a second or so to fire, so that we could aim the direction of the shot. Sami would fly the direction opposite of the shot, and turn around, so that she could grab ledges and such.

The grenado could be B^ or Bv.

Weight-wise, she should be around as heavy as Zelda, for example, and should be a fast runner, since she's supposed to be infantry and all.
They did, actually. The letter asked for Wars representation in the form of characters, stages, music, whatever. But the guy mostly just wanted to see the infantry make it into the game, because he thought they best repped the series :p

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Infantry in Brawl is like adding Koopa Troopa instead of the King Koopa (A.K.A. Bowser). But I think Advance Wars characters can make a weapon-less original moveset. Plus, they deserve it.

MrHat

Smash Rookie
I have wanted to see advance wars characters in their for a while. It wouldn't be hard at all.

Sami could be fast and Ninja-like, kinda like sheik but more modern in look and feel. Maybe she could whack someone with her chain of ammo...

Max is big, strong, and slow like DK or Bowser.

Grit could use a lot of ranged attacks, but weaker close in.

kaid

Smash Master
Sami

^B: Transport Chopper (the chopper would simply hit with the rotor blades)
<B: Mech Bazooka- pulls out a bazooka bigger than she is, and fires a powerful projectile at good speed.
B: Assault Rifle- C'mon, she's cartoony enough to be granted an exception to the No Guns. 3 shot burst Shiek Needle clone
vB: Build unit- Works like pulling out Turnips, or possibly Pikmen. (sp?) Most common is infantry, who run around poking things with baonettes, then Mech units (3 shot projectile campers), tanks, Recon, ect.

Super: Paratroops (Forgot the actual name, but stolen from Sensei) + Victory March: Mech and infantry units start raining down on parachutes like bobombs in sudden death, and run around trampling people and shooting up the level.

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
I think Sami and Hawke would do well to represent the AW series, Sami being the fast character and Hawke being somewhat stronger and slower. Sami's needed for the severe lack of females in the SSB universe and Hawke is needed to support the "Dark Side" without the Sturm/ Darth Vader copyright infringement problem. Besides, they're both awesome with Sami's butt-kickin' chick attitude and Hawke's overall bad***ness.

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Exactly! the two above me understand how to make this concept work. Sami and Hawke for SSBB!

icymatt

Smash Lord
Sami never actually used a gun, she just carried it around. For show, I guess.

Advance Wars benefits from being the most unrealistic war game ever made. For example, they could give character a dashing attack where they ride in a mini-tank, or have planes come out of nowhere and drop bombs, or even call in a group of infantry to march over the other characters.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Super Smash Master said:
Make it a pop gun. :D
It don't need to be a popgun. Just make it look like the Light Zapper or Superscope.

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Indeed. Sami and Hawke FTW. I can already see those two ripping up the battlefield in SSBB.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Sami never actually used a gun, she just carried it around. For show, I guess.

Advance Wars benefits from being the most unrealistic war game ever made. For example, they could give character a dashing attack where they ride in a mini-tank, or have planes come out of nowhere and drop bombs, or even call in a group of infantry to march over the other characters.
What about metal slug?
With this thought, they could make her gun like their guns. If bright yellow pellets are too realistic, they really need to give a second glance to everything else in the game.

SourSlurpee

Smash Rookie
I think sonja could make it in. Her moveset could have moves like peach, i.e. slaps and whatnot.
But her damage wouldn't be shown in a percent, it'd be a ? that got darker with more damage.
Eh?

Top Bottom