• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A theory about the Pokémon trainer

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So I was thinking about the mii fighters and how they all share one slot on the roster. Now this could of esy been applied to The Pokémon trainer you could of had the three Pokémon being :squirtle::ivysaur::charizard: All stored under an icon of Red but hey that's just some food for thought I guess.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Well for example, Zelda and Shiek were separated because 3ds hardware was limited (mainly the CPU) and could not preform the transformations. They obviously didn't want to over do the pokemon side of the roster by putting the three separated and only kept Chirazard.

Pokemon Trainer probably doesn't show up well on a smaller screen.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Well for example, Zelda and Shiek were separated because 3ds hardware was limited (mainly the CPU) and could not preform the transformations. They obviously didn't want to over do the pokemon side of the roster by putting the three separated and only kept Chirazard.

Pokemon Trainer probably doesn't show up well on a smaller screen.
Ahh but see I can counter this with the fact that Pokémon Trainer is shorter Than Duck Hunt Duo or Wii Fit trainer or even Zero suit samus and over the Pokémon side if the roster is now obsolete what with them losing a rep and Mario now standing at hefty 8 :)

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Personally I think the lack of transformations is great and allows the characters to be balanced better.

Top Bottom