• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Teammate to Compliment Ike

TheAmazingJordo

Smash Cadet
Who is best to team with Ike? I know Ike is a Life tank and a Life taker, but who best compliments what he is missing? I hear Metaknight, but I'd like to hear some other opinions.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
I find Pit to be a good teammate for Ike. Pit is quick, can rack up damage to enemies pretty well and has a projectile unlike Ike. Furthermore, Pit's ability to trap enemies in his sideB gives Ike a few more applications for eruption and QD.

Generlaly though any character that is quick and can set Ike up for his stronger moves works well.

Fidyyuan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fidyyuan
I used Zamus and my friend used Ike. Stungun/downsmash with Zamus + Ike's Forward Smash = GG

Works really well.

Zephirah

Smash Cadet
I agree with thewiredknight that Pit. He is fast and a very easy tactic to perform between them is pit trap them with side-b and Ike uses his forward smash.

Wolt

Smash Journeyman
I'll give out a special comment for Olimar being a good Ike parter with his huge grab range. But other then that I'd say anyone with a good projectile. I want to see how Ike and Snake would do.

menofuntall

Smash Cadet
Someone who is fast, has a projectile (or something to discourage projectile spam), and has preferably good range to hit both enemies, in order to set up for Ike's killing blows. Basically, everyone who's been mentioned here. I'm also rather interested in seeing how Marth will pair up with Ike.

nivlek

Smash Rookie
marth, cuz hes faster and cmon its a fire emblem team
also kirby, kirby is fast and his hits are almost as strong as ikes, and it is hilarious when the opponent recovers from aether just to be hit by final cutter

NiRV7iQ

Smash Apprentice
the trend we are seeing here is fast/projectile equipped chars.

Anyone team with diddy at all? I find that to be quite effective.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Pit, Marth, Zamus, Sonic

I've teamed up with them and they work really well together.

Pit has fast attacks and some even trap the player long enough for Ike to use his neutral B attack.
Marth and Ike share the disadvantage of having no projectiles, but Marth is fast and can build combos up and whenever he's in trouble Ike comes in to finish the job.
Zamus stunning and great grabbing range.
Sonic, he's so fast that he's hard to predict what he'll do and Ike can jump in when the enemy is dazed.

Honestly, in a team battle, I always see Ike as the finisher or help build up combos.

Also, One teammate with a Paper Fan + Ike's Eruption = PWNAGE

Skoox

Smash Cadet
I'm a Lucas player, and my partner is Ike. We do really well together for the most part.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Although my Wifi isn't working, I plan to team up with my friend who mains Lucas when it does, and considering that Lucas's specialty is racking up damage and Ike's specialty is getting KOs, in theory it's a pretty good combination.

ifthisisitsobeit

Smash Cadet
I think you are all missing the point. Obviously, the best team mate for Ike is another Ike. Joking aside, all these suggestions are very nice choices. Pit or metaknight are my two favorite team mates with Pikachu coming in third.

UobteX

Smash Cadet
Ike + Olimar works perfectly. Have both of you stand on one side, Ike infront of Olimar, and have Olimar throw his pikmin while Ike short hop fairs or shields anybody that comes close. If anyone wants to help us practice this combo then message me for a 2v2

Top Bottom