• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A team consisting of multiple themes

Joe T.E.

Smash Rookie
I figured I'd post one of my teams here. It's a double battle team BTW. It actually works quite well, and I could probably use some suggestions to help make it better.
The themes include...
1. Mono-Rock(This means all 6 Pokemon are rock types. Most of them also have second types, which is where the type diversity comes in. I also have some that resist the weaknesses of others.)
2. Sandstorm(Extra damage to foes, plus 1.5x special defense for any rock type. Very useful weather condition for this team, especially since all 6 get the special defense boost.)
3. Trick Room(All 6 of these guys have something in common. The fact they are all slow as heck. Trick room makes slower Pokemon go first, greatly helping the team.)

Due to these themes, if suggesting any new Pokemon, they have to be slow rock types. Also, the last two listed are never going to be replaced or have their sets changed, as they both have worked insanely well for over a year in other teams of mine.

Here's the current 6 Pokemon in the team(I also included their nicknames because the names are pretty good).

Solrock(Mr. Bright) @ Light Clay
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 216 DEF, 24 SP. DEF, 16 ATK
Protect
Light Screen
Trick Room
Explosion

One of the team's two possible leads. It's main use is to set up Light Screen and Trick Room. After those are set up, it can either be switched out, or blow up to deal tons of damage to the opponents. It can protect against attacks aimed for it(Usually when I have the other lead set up the room). Not much else to say.

Lunatone(Mr. Shine) @ Lum berry
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 216 SP. DEF, 40 DEF
Protect
Hypnosis
Trick Room
Ancientpower

The other of two possible leads(And they occasionally come out together). This Lunatone serves a similar role to my Solrock, but has different support. It puts one opponent to sleep instead of setting up light screen, can take some hits a bit better, and doesn't blow up. Both Lunatone and Solrock are also my switch-ins against earthquake users.

Relicanth(OldIronJaw) @ Life Orb
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 DEF
Head Smash
Waterfall
Double Edge
Protect

One of the team's sweepers. With a Life Orb and Head Smash(Which causes no recoil thanks to his ability), it can deal insane damage even to pokemon that resist it. Waterfall also provides STAB and can hit those that resist head smash. Double Edge is mostly filler. protect can help in doubles. he also serves as an ice resist, and can take water attacks well.

Sudowoodo(WispyWoods) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 SP. DEF
Rock Slide
Wood Hammer
Sucker Punch
Explosion

Another sweeper, and the last Pokemon here names after a Kirby character. He hits hard like Relicanth. Rock Slide hits both opponents hard, Wood Hammer destroys water types(especially with no recoil), Sucker Punch provides priority, and explosion can wipe out everything besides ghosts and steels.

Tyranitar(Devilsaur) @ Sitrus berry
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP, 228 SP.ATK, 30 SPD
Crunch
Ice Beam
Focus Punch
Substitute

Sets up sandstorm, and is one of the teams two bulky sweepers. Crunch handles ghost and psychic types well(And also has STAB), Ice Beam handles grass, flying, ground, and dragons. Focus Punch hits hard, and helps against steels, rocks, and normal types. Substitute helps him take hits, and makes focus punch easier to use. The Sitrus berry allows one a max of 5 substitutes before he gets knocked out, and helps him set one up if he's attacked first.

Rhyperior(Pimperior) @ Chesto berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 180 HP, 176 DEF, 152 SP. DEF
Earthquake
Rock Blast
Curse
Rest

The star of this team without a doubt. He can take a massive beating, and hit back just as hard, if not harder. Curse ups his Attack and Defense while lowering his speed(Perfect for Trick Room). Light Screen+ Sandstorm + Solid Rock is a winning combination for a bulky Pokemon like him, as grass knots, hydro pumps and the like will fail to OHKO him with such big special defense boosts.
Earthquake hits foes hard(And his partners will usually have a sub up or protect). Rock Blast hits the things Earthquake doesn't. Anything weak to rock still gets OHKO'd by it, and it actually does a good amount against those that resist it(And it completely destroys substitute abusers). After getting low, he can rest to restore his health to full and also remove status effects. He'll usually focus on setting up curses and start attacking after one or two rests. Pimperior is also one of two Pokemon here that I also use on other teams, and he has secured quite a few victories for me thanks to his high attack and overall bulkiness.

Joe T.E.

Smash Rookie
Fixed.

In case you wanted to hear something sense-making,Infernape can pretty much 6-0 this team if it has Grass Knot.
Not really. It won't do much to the two leads since both are bulky(And Solrock can destory it with Explosion). Pimperior can survive Infernape Grass Knots even without Light Screen as long as Sandstorm is up*(I had already mentioned that Pimperior can survive special attacks like that despite his typing). Pimperior also one-shots them with Earthquake(Even with no curses), and focus sash is destroyed by sandstorm.
I think you also might not have noticed that this is a doubles team. Even if Infernape grass knots one of my Pokemon(All of them are quite bulky BTW), the one it didn't attack could easily one-shot it. Trick Room also destroys it, since it won't be going first. Quite a few rock-type counters won't have such an easy time with this team.

* A Timid Infernape with Life Orb using Grass Knot only does 329-387 Damage to Pimperior(Both at level 100), with Pimperior having 416 HP. Even if it was modest, Pimperior still has an 80% chance to survive it.
Likewise, it only does 222-261 on Lunatone(With it having 344 HP) who can retaliate by putting it to sleep. Solrock would get one-shotted with no sandstorm, but trick room will usually be up before infernape attacks it, with Solrock setting up Light Screen before Infernape can grass knot it.

Top Bottom