• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a strong kong

I haven't played with Diddy too much, but I also don't think it takes that much to be able to notice if a character's abilities may seem... a tad strong.

Playing against Diddy, he seems to have high agility, good weight, a great recovery, strong DA, and perhaps too much knockback on his fair and fsmash for his weight and agility. I might be missing a move but those two come to mind.

Do any Diddy players think this at all? My initial impression reminds me of a weaker 2.0 Ike. Is Diddy weak in other areas I haven't noticed, or is his weight or attack power a touch strong?

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
The fact that fsmash hits so hard is because its his slowest smash attack. Its very strong yes. Fair on the other hand, has a considerable amount of lag after the active frames end, and requires a bit of a commitment.

Basically, Diddy is a combination of multiple chars, so various counter tactics can be effective. This is beauty and downside of diddy. So many play styles, so many solutions.

Depending on how a diddy plays is how you'll have to bait him out. If he sideBs a lot, you may need to throw out ranged attacks or stay just far enough to punish the whiff. A diddy who sideBs repeatedly WANTS you to shield, to be scared.

If you're getting blasted with peanuts and projectiles, that means you need to power up your item play. Wave dashing handles raw banana throws pretty well, along with peanuts. Attacks also clank with these so just swatting at them can be viable.

Diddy is strong, very strong. Patience and observation is needed, as well as quick reactions and proactive thinking. There is no one sure fire way to beat diddy 100% of the time. Its constant adaptation.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Also, diddy is literally the most optimum combo weight and fall speed, so if you have extensive combos or 50/50 situations, mixing between these is a good way to pressure the diddy player into getting sloppy

Alright I'll consider all those points thanks. Still sounds like Diddy, combined with his pretty ridiculous horizontal (and vertical) recovery, and powerful fsmash and fair and da... sounds like he could be a bit stronger overall but I keep considering other options thanks.

Top Bottom