• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A-Sticking

comboking

Smash Master
I changed my controls last night and I switched my C-Stick to attack. Then, I noticed that if you hit the opposite way you are standing you will not do a tilt in that direction but a Jab in the direction you are facing. The good part about this is if you hold down while you do this it automatically Jab cancels it for you.

I also noticed that it seems like if you use an aerial with the C-Stick on attack that it land cancels it for you. (This might not be true considering I was tired when I tested this stuff)!

Also if you jump and hit the C-Stick diagonally Ike will do a neutral Air (assuming that your C-Stick is set to attack).

There was also some incidents in which the A-Stick would make me jump but I have not figured out how yet.

WeLikeIke

Smash Cadet
I wish you wouldn't make a thread in every website you're subscribed to everytime you try something 'new'.

Everyone knows the properties and quirks of A-sticking already. Everyone's tried it.

No, it doesn't change the properties of any attacks. And if you rapidly swing the c-stick up and down you will jump without attacking.

I'm copy/pasting this reply to Allisbrawl... you need help, man.

null55

Smash Master
comboking
a more polite, less egotistical RoK, but equally in need of attention

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Shiro dude, i dont know how u always get away wit flaming dudes. Probably because you do it in the most polite way possible. lol

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
this A-stick stuff is common knowledge. WLI explained everything. backwards C-stick is jab, horizontal C-stick in the air is Nair, and if you rapidly tap C-stick upwards, you jump. I use A-stick for my Wario, DDD, and ROB, but I find that it isn't good for Ike. He's slow enough already, no need to take out his fastest way to use a smash attack.

Top Bottom