• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Song Will No Longer Work in Brawl; My Music for Battlefield is Inaccessible

D

Deleted member

I have been playing Project M a lot and recently Brawl Minus (I just played it today in fact). I have a hackless Wii, so I use SD Cards to play these games.
When I was playing a match in Brawl Minus, something was odd. There was no music when I fought on Battlefield. When I rebooted the stage, the music was fine.
I tried to check what was going on in My Music, but the game froze.

I took out my SD Card for Brawl Minus and I tried to check the stage in Brawl. Oddly enough... it froze there too. I booted up Project M on a separate SD Card and Battlefield froze there too. What I mean is, when I click on Battlefield in My Music, the game freezes and it emits a buzzing sound.
I checked every single stage and none of them have these problems except for Battlefield. I checked every song from that stage in Sound Test and everything was working fine. So, I played on Battlefield numerous times just to see what songs were working. Everything was working except for Battlefield Ver. 2.

The stage is working properly, but it's annoying how I can't access Battlefield in My Music. It honestly frustrates me and it honestly scares me.
I was copying a ton of BRSTMs from my Project M SD Card, pasting them on my desktop, and then moving them into my Brawl Minus SD Card.

What scares me is what if this happens to the rest of the stages? Should I delete every single BRSTM that I have for those games? Is there a way to restore Battlefield Ver. 2 so that I can access Battlefield in My Music again?
The stage is fine... but one of the songs is just... corrupted I believe.
I lack the technical knowhow, so I need some help. I dunno if I can really fix this since I'm on a hackless Wii... but I appreciate some advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

bmanzzs

Smash Cadet
Have you installed anything else besides BRTSMs (textures, stages, etc..)? Custom songs usually wouldn't freeze up a Wii.

Have you tried simply removing X25.brtsm from your SD card and letting Brawl load the default song without using the File Patch? in sd:\projectm\pf\sound\ for P:M

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have you installed anything else besides BRTSMs (textures, stages, etc..)? Custom songs usually wouldn't freeze up a Wii.

Have you tried simply removing X25.brtsm from your SD card and letting Brawl load the default song without using the File Patch? in sd:\projectm\pf\sound\ for P:M
I haven't installed anything else. All I did was install a ton of BRSTMs (like... 40+... probably not healthy for the Wii) and one texture.

The song works in Sound Test. When I boot up the stage for a match, the song doesn't load. When I click on My Music (the mode in Brawl that allows you to change how a song is frequently played), the game freezes and makes a buzzing sound. I just booted Project M and tried to access the stage in My Music and it still freezes with that buzzing sound.
I have a second Wii and I'll see if it works or not tomorrow. If it does, then I think it has to do with something with my Wii. If it doesn't, I guess that it might be the disk itself (I got the game day of release).

Is there some sort of patch that allows me to refresh or fix all of the songs in Brawl? It's a bit troublesome for me as I am using a hackless Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:

bmanzzs

Smash Cadet
if you're using an sd card w/ file patch code (sounds like you are), brawl will boot up and load everything on your sd card first and those files take priority over brawl's default files contained on the disc. by deleting X25 on your sd card, brawl will automatically load it's default track. so just try deleting X25.brtsm from your sd card.

this sounds like a corrupt brtsm to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

if you're using an sd card w/ file patch code (sounds like you are), brawl will boot up and load everything on your sd card first and those files take priority over brawl's default files contained on the disc. by deleting X25 on your sd card, brawl will automatically load it's default track. so just try deleting X25.brtsm from your sd card.

this sounds like a corrupt brtsm to me.
I deleted the BRSTM on my SD Card and I didn't put a new one in. Also, in order to play regular Brawl, I must take the SD Card. The corrupted BRSTM transferred over into corrupting the song itself on my Brawl save file.
Also, I just checked, it is indeed the data itself. I can access Battlefield in My Music on my other Wii.

Should I try to put in a brand new BRSTM to see if that will fix it? I mean, one song will do no harm (it's honestly a song that I don't care about), but I'm frightened because I don't want my whole save data to be corrupted... I got 100% on that file.

YoshiBro1

Smash Rookie
NNID
YoshiBro1
3DS FC
3153-5058-8043
I have the solution: You need this code below in order to fix the issue. Here is quote for quote what you have to do: "Use the Battlefield code ONLY on your gct, start the game, check ti in My Music, and it should be fine. Then just reset the game and play with your codes again :3" (credit to Kaye Cruiser). This link verfies that what I'm saying is true as well. You have to use a program called code manager for to apply the code.

http:// smashboards.com/threads/my-music-battlefield-freezes.261835/ (copy and paste this then push the "//" and "smashboards" closer to each other. I don't have enough post to put direct links).

Battlefield My Music Reset :
4A000000 9017EBCC
14000000 000026FC
14000004 00000032
14000008 000027EE
1400000C 00000032
14000010 00002711
14000014 00000032
14000018 00002813
1400001C 00000032
14000020 00002815
14000024 00000032
E0000000 80008000

D

Deleted member

I have the solution: You need this code below in order to fix the issue. Here is quote for quote what you have to do: "Use the Battlefield code ONLY on your gct, start the game, check ti in My Music, and it should be fine. Then just reset the game and play with your codes again :3" (credit to Kaye Cruiser). This link verfies that what I'm saying is true as well. You have to use a program called code manager for to apply the code.

http:// smashboards.com/threads/my-music-battlefield-freezes.261835/ (copy and paste this then push the "//" and "smashboards" closer to each other. I don't have enough post to put direct links).

4A000000 9017EBCC
14000000 000026FC
14000004 00000032
14000008 000027EE
1400000C 00000032
14000010 00002711
14000014 00000032
14000018 00002813
1400001C 00000032
14000020 00002815
14000024 00000032
E0000000 80008000
How do I input this code on a hackless Wii? Do I do it from the Project M launcher or do I input it on my SD Card somewhere?

YoshiBro1

Smash Rookie
NNID
YoshiBro1
3DS FC
3153-5058-8043
How do I input this code on a hackless Wii? Do I do it from the Project M launcher or do I input it on my SD Card somewhere?
Sadly I'm not sure on that. I'd imagine you would do it the same way I did involved with using the SD Card. There's a software called code manager. You would add this code in that software and then make a gct file using ONLY the code that I gave you. Once you've done that, add the gct file on to your SD card in the folder called codes that will be on the root of the SD card and start up brawl. Check and see that you can use Battlefield on My Music. Once it does work, turn the wii off and remove that code from the SD card and put on what you normally have. Since my wii isn't a hackless one so I don't know if it will work for you (or any possible things that can go wrong because of that) so I wouldn't recommend doing so until you know its safe to do it on a hacked wii. Also, I don't know that much about hacking in the first place. All I can tell you is that this has fixed my issue for a hacked wii.

D

Deleted member

Sadly I'm not sure on that. I'd imagine you would do it the same way I did involved with using the SD Card. There's a software called code manager. You would add this code in that software and then make a gct file using ONLY the code that I gave you. Once you've done that, add the gct file on to your SD card in the folder called codes that will be on the root of the SD card and start up brawl. Check and see that you can use Battlefield on My Music. Once it does work, turn the wii off and remove that code from the SD card and put on what you normally have. Since my wii isn't a hackless one so I don't know if it will work for you (or any possible things that can go wrong because of that) so I wouldn't recommend doing so until you know its safe to do it on a hacked wii. Also, I don't know that much about hacking in the first place. All I can tell you is that this has fixed my issue for a hacked wii.
All right. I'll try to see if I can do this at some point or another. But, I rather research this before I actually attempt something like this just to be on the safe side.

YoshiBro1

Smash Rookie
NNID
YoshiBro1
3DS FC
3153-5058-8043
All right. I'll try to see if I can do this at some point or another. But, I rather research this before I actually attempt something like this just to be on the safe side.
Good call on that, lol

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

4A000000 9017EBCC
14000000 000026FC
14000004 00000032
14000008 000027EE
1400000C 00000032
14000010 00002711
14000014 00000032
14000018 00002813
1400001C 00000032
14000020 00002815
14000024 00000032
E0000000 80008000
@Kaye Cruiser

Could you elaborate on this some more?

I'm actually having the same problem I think.

A hackless solution/guide would be extremely helpful too.

Edit : Confirmed; I do indeed have this problem.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
It's an easy fix.

Yeah, anyone who does any major modding has had this happen to them. One of the oldest bugs in the book.

Just like YoshiBro said, you make a GCT with the Battlefield (or whichever stage it is) My Music Reset code, go into the game and do something that causes it to save (just playing a quick match on any stage works) and then remove the code.

Here, a GCT with only the Battlefield fix code on it. Use this instead of the standard PM GCT, play one match (note: it'll be vBrawl since no other codes are on this file), then put the regular PM GCT back. That's it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gg7evsyea55qpz/RSBE01.gct

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
It's an easy fix.

Yeah, anyone who does any major modding has had this happen to them. One of the oldest bugs in the book.

Just like YoshiBro said, you make a GCT with the Battlefield (or whichever stage it is) My Music Reset code, go into the game and do something that causes it to save (just playing a quick match on any stage works) and then remove the code.

Here, a GCT with only the Battlefield fix code on it. Use this instead of the standard PM GCT, play one match (note: it'll be vBrawl since no other codes are on this file), then put the regular PM GCT back. That's it.

Thanks Shin BBY.

Might I ask for a dropbox with a song reset for every stage?

I have some songs that freeze the game but not in the same manner, but I want to test if doing that will also fix them as well.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Thanks Shin BBY.

Might I ask for a dropbox with a song reset for every stage?

I have some songs that freeze the game but not in the same manner, but I want to test if doing that will also fix them as well.
My Music Reset just fixes My Music freezes as far as I'm aware. Still, maybe I will do this for each stage. It might save people some trouble later on down the line. Later, though. I'm working on something for my custom build right now.

D

Deleted member

It's an easy fix.

I just downloaded that and I got a txt file for some reason. I dunno if that is supposed to be the case or not...
For your information, I am using a MacBook Pro.
Also, where do I put this file in my SD Card?

Shin F.

Smash Master
I just downloaded that and I got a txt file for some reason. I dunno if that is supposed to be the case or not...
For your information, I am using a MacBook Pro.
Also, where do I put this file in my SD Card?
It's not a file that's meant to be opened. Being on a Macbook makes no difference, since I'm actually on one as well.

The file will go in the /codes/ folder. Make sure you don't delete the RSBE01 that's already in there - just move or rename it temporarily, then move the file I gave you there. Boot the game up through the launcher, do something that causes the game to save (Just one match will do the trick, or possibly something in the Stadium) and then remove the file I gave you and put the original back. This'll fix the My Music freeze on Battlefield.

D

Deleted member

It's not a file that's meant to be opened. Being on a Macbook makes no difference, since I'm actually on one as well.

The file will go in the /codes/ folder. Make sure you don't delete the RSBE01 that's already in there - just move or rename it temporarily, then move the file I gave you there. Boot the game up through the launcher, do something that causes the game to save (Just one match will do the trick, or possibly something in the Stadium) and then remove the file I gave you and put the original back. This'll fix the My Music freeze on Battlefield.
All right! Should I remove the ".txt" from the file? Just for reference, here is a pic of how it came out when I downloaded it:
Screen Shot 2014-07-18 at 8.55.00 PM.png

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that's pretty strange. It must have been something that happened in the download process, because it should just be a .gct. Maybe your browser renamed it? Not sure.
View attachment 18666
Yeah, I use Safari instead of Chrome, so I downloaded it there.
It worked! Thank you so much!

GD46

Smash Rookie
It's an easy fix.

Will this work on PM 3.5?

D

Deleted member

I found this out a bit later after when I finally fixed the problem, but apparently the source of my issues wasn't a corrupted BRSTM that ruined My Music.
The cause of it, according to Smash Wiki was from Brawl Minus itself. The mod sometimes deletes music from Battlefield, and it happened to be the one where I changed music on.
Anyways, I just wanted to say that. The problem wasn't caused by the BRSTM, but rather the mod I was playing.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
It's an easy fix.

thank you for the codelist, i was having the same problem with my battlefield my music and i cant really edit the gct file myself at the moment

Top Bottom