• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Whichever type uses humor to deal with their self-loathing and numerous shortcomings, but me there.
You should hide your self loathing by grossly overcompensating and acting as if you’re the coolest, most awesome dude alive even though you feel the exact opposite.

Trust me it works.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. It's only been a day and I'm already sick of people calling Series X "Xbox's Wii U". Like, come on, give the thing a chance to release before you start predicting doom and gloom. If everyone thinks it will fail then it will, it will become a self fulfilling prophecy.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You should hide your self loathing by grossly overcompensating and acting as if you’re the coolest, most awesome dude alive even though you feel the exact opposite.

Trust me it works.
They did a study and found that standing in the super hero pose made people feel better and more "super".
The worst enemy of any person is themselves. And in this world, no one cares about you except you.
So be happy. (which is easier said then done.)

Okay. It's only been a day and I'm already sick of people calling Series X "Xbox's Wii U". Like, come on, give the thing a chance to release before you start predicting doom and gloom. If everyone thinks it will fail then it will, it will become a self fulfilling prophecy.
That is due to the naming schema.
Wii and Wii U. People did not know the difference.

Xbox One X
Xbox Series X.

Yeah. That will be confusing marketing.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Trust me it works.
That's really hard to do and it's coming from someone who's tried that and is currently going through a lot of self-loathing.

D

Deleted member

May as well do a little ****post before I have to go for a bit:

Me when I record my skits

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Officially decided to watch Krampus tomorrow actually.

Followed by that Elf on Tuesday, Claus on Thursday then Gremlins on the 28th.

That'll wrap up my Christmas films for this year.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The card game example is a bit incorrect, coming from a person who has a **** ton of experience in this area.
It varies from series to series, but the general rule of thumb is that Sets in TCG's aren't the same game; rather it adds on to the game, thus changing it. Of course, this isn't always the case(there have been times where cards in new sets just don't get used at all, competitively speaking, because the older cards are just better) but my main point is that saying the game is still the same is a tad bit incorrect.
If I want to be even more nitpicky, I could just go all-out with rotating formats as an example...for example, rotating formats quite literally becoming vastly different games over the years(the primary example of this is the history of Standard in MTG, along with the mass Pokemon-powercreep because of new mechanics every year.

Anyway, that's my nitpick of the day, take it as you will.
This is a pretty fair point. I meant it more at its core it’s still the same card game/franchise. As I said though rule sets change with it and more depending on the series, but the core property stays the same

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
And why is there much self loathing? I would recommend professional help. if there is anything to worry about.
I have been going to a psychologist, I attended my first meeting last Monday. The amount of self-loathing comes from me not seeing myself as confident enough to do anything I need to do in life like finding a job for instance. The self loathing also extends to me feeling as not enough to my friends, which makes me sometimes ashamed to be around them, especially around the one I have strong feelings for.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I have been going to a psychologist, I attended my first meeting last Monday. The amount of self-loathing comes from me not seeing myself as confident enough to do anything I need to do in life like finding a job for instance. The self loathing also extends to me feeling as not enough to my friends, which makes me sometimes ashamed to be around them, especially around the one I have strong feelings for.
I am no expert. But it sounds like depression. Glad to see you are taking it seriously and seeking help. Good luck.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No expert. But just doing something helps me feel good. I mean, I want to make games. But have no time or skill. But right now I am making a dating sim because why not. Well. a Friendship Sim.

And I have 2 unity projects I am slooooooowly working on. Because I cannot model for ****.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Someone on the Killer Instinct forums i frequent made a very interesting point about Series X
[URL='https://forums.ultra-combo.com/u/FallofSeraphs76']FallofSeraphs76[/URL] said:
Its called Series X because there is going to be multiple versions. Probably 3 different price points. The Ultra bad ■■■ 8 K - 120 fps version at 699, the mid Xbox X 4k 60 fps version at 499 and the digital only version with no disc drive at 399. Thats my guess… and maybe even a streaming version price point taht is like the Google stadia or whatever that thing is.
Maybe series X is just abroad term for now until they reveal the Xbox Infinity, or the X Box Skarlett, or whatever?
Regardless I think it looks bad ■■■ and is going to be EPIC!!! I cant wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom