• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Sm4sh Mod better than TS4M'S? Smash 4.5

Kai4life4

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if you're aware of the existence of this mod, but it truly deserves some spotlight. The name is Smash 4.5 by a Modder that goes by St1nny and it's basically (In my opinion) what Smash 4 should've been. Well, kinda. It's got overall faster gameplay with easier Dash Dancing, Throw Spikes (For some characters), Chain Grabbing (A little bit, in order for there to not be infinite chain grabs, some throws have higher knockback.) And y'know. Melee Techs galore. A lot of Melee vets have a couple of their moves from Melee and some of their Melee Properties. (For example, Peach's Down Smash does 40% now.) I haven't played with every character but the game is really fun. And I really suggest you try it out.

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!WQJjkIbY!Y97FrO5axIOXr83Go0znnNvBP0wxWJabqIIApayKuto

As a heads up, at this time, the Mod is not completely finished and is just in 1.0, because of this, some things might not be changed.

Last edited:

Kai4life4

Smash Rookie
Oh, and just so you're aware. NO. There is no Wavedashing. There is no Multishining. There is no Edge Hogging. And it DEFINITELY is not a Project M wannabe. It's got a similar gameplay style, and as I said, Melee Vets may have some of their old attributes, but it is not trying to be like Project M. All characters (Even Melee Vets) still stay true to their normal selves. This is a mod to enhance Sm4sh 4's Gameplay and make it a lot more like Brawl while giving it some Melee physics. It's all to make the game a lot faster and funner so please don't treat this like some " ERR ITS JUST PROJECT M FOR WII U HURR DURR" bull****. It deserves attention, but not that kind of attention.

Kai4life4

Smash Rookie
I agree. There isn't enough unique Smash 4 Mods like this one though, so it probably won't be happening for quite some time.

Kai4life4

Smash Rookie
I'll upload a video in a separate post about it. I think it doesn't matter the version as long as you put it in the right regional folder.

Kai4life4

Smash Rookie
Change of plans. It seems you can't upload modded replays to YouTube through the game. I don't have any proper way to record it so, unfortunately, you'll just have to see for yourself.

iiJjRr

Smash Apprentice
On Gamebanana you have a beginner+ rating. I rather play Project Stardust than play Smash 4.5?

P.S. - Not to trigger you

Kai4life4

Smash Rookie
On Gamebanana you have a beginner+ rating. I rather play Project Stardust than play Smash 4.5?

I don't follow, what does my Gamebanana rank have to do with this? It's not even on Gamebanana. Besides, I'm not urging you to download it, just spreading the word because it deserves some attention, also, read the first comment I posted, I don't want you here if you're going to say something about the game that's negative if you haven't even played the game yet. If you have a problem with it, give me a reason why, don't just say that I don't want to download/play it. If that's so, don't come here. It's that simple.

Top Bottom