• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A serious look at .9 knock back

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288406

There has been talk about changing the knock back to .9.
Even though that the thread is entitled 1.1, people have still talked about .9.
Everyone is concerned about who gets new infinities, locks, CG's ext. ext.
It seems to me like it is one of those things that people know little about and is afraid of. So here is my solution, we learn. If we know what we will be changing Brawl into then we wont have any unexpected surprises and we can compare Brawl.9 to Brawl.

So here is what I propose. Us at the smashlab can get a very fun project out of this. We can explore new combos, lock and infinities as well as the old ones with every character. I see the project going very quickly even if only a few people work on it.

Here's my post on the thread:

So I was just testing this some.

It seems like MK becomes the new Wolf.
You see, fast fallers like Sheik and Wolf can now SDI down and shield none grab infinities and some grab infinities don't seem to infinite anymore because it doesn't have enough knockback to make them do that little spin thing.... watch Falco in this vid to get what I mean by spin thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR8wqnnAgUo

So.... here is what I found out:
If Oli grabs MK at very low percents he has a buffered CG until like 60 or 70% which he can possibly end with up B. Very deadly IMO.

Falco gets an amazing d-throw but I bet you that it is escapable at low percents be previous fast fallers and maybe some normal people like MK since it they impact the ground so soon. 1 and 2 frame jabs wanted.

IC's could originally CG Sheik with d-throw until 60%ish... now it is more like 100%ish.
But hey, this is just one match up.... even though it is my main.

So from what I am seeing this will make some match ups worst and other better. The one that I do see getting better is MK. If everyone has very legit ways of locking him this game will allow more characters to progress.
This also allows for new combo's to be exploited. For example, at .9 Sheik can d-throw> u-tilt> grab> d-throw> Uair
Sheik has like no low percent combo's as it is.
Pretty much everyone has combo's out of throws now. So if a character doesn't have a lock they will get legitimate ways to combo up some damage.

Also, as everyone guessed, people die at later. So even though they can get locked or combo'd to ***% they still have that high percent point where there are few to no combo's and it comes down to spacing.

I support this. It will drastically change an unevolving game yes, but wouldn't a new revolutionary tech do the same? Yes, there will be more locks, but in the end 60% of damage is just 60% of damage. Whether you done that with a lock, CG or combo, they still received 60%.

I will bring this to the smash lab. It would be an easy and very fun project to who gets new infinities, locks and deadly combo's.

Once we have all of the data together we can show it to the community and see how things go.
I will run the thread and edit everything found into here.
So what do you say gents!? Are ya with me!?!?!?!?!?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Let's use the 1.1 sub-forum for .9 also. I'll contact an admin to get a forum title change and prefixes for 1.1 and 0.9.

This is looking fun as well. I've been searching for an infinite for ROB with UTilt, and this looks like it open way more possibilities. I'm hopping aboard.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I'll keep the original post the way it is and just edit this post until the forum gets up and I can transfer my data.

Alright, since the knockback has been decreased things like Jigg's Bair can combo into itself when the foe is near 80%. They will still have hit stun, but not go as far.

Also, this is all done on Mario since he is average.

:mario2:

Mario's d-throw can combo into Uair.
Uair combo's into itself mid low percents.
Uair combo's into u-tilt.

u-tilt locks until like 40ish%

:luigi2:

jab combos into upB
Uair combo's into Uair
Uair combo's into Fair
u-tilt lock until 37%
u-tilt combos into Uair

:peach:

Uair locks... I don't know for how long
d-throw CG?

:bowser2:

uhhhhhhh......

:dk2:

:diddy:

:yoshi2:

:wario:

:link2:

:zelda:

:shiek:

f-tilt lock from 30 to like 70 to end with ???
f-tilt> USmash is legit until about 130ish% kills around 110% :bee::bee::bee:

:ganondorf:

:toonlink:

:samus2:

Zair> Power beam does not combo

:zerosuitsamus:

:pit:

:popo:

d-throw CG until about 50ish%

:rob:

u-tilt lock for 30ish%

:kirby2:

:metaknight:

d-throw CG till like maybe 40ish%
He runs out of stage if he goes from one edge of FD to the other by the time they reach 30ish% and by DIing backwards probably sooner than that.

:dedede:

d-throw has set knockback and does not change at all

:olimar:

:fox:

It seems if you cancel your jump with Shine it works just like jump canceled USmash.
Furthermore, it appears like the framing is very tight, but shine can combo into shine.

:falco:

d-throw CG to 88ish% :urg:

:wolf:

:falcon:

:pikachu2:

:pt:

sh*t

:007:

:002:

:006:

:lucario:

:jigglypuff:

Her Bair combos into itself at later percents giving her the wall of pain once more.

:marth:

possible Fair> Dair (Ken combo)

:ike:

no b-throw CG

:ness2:

:lucas:

:gw:

:snake:

:sonic:

That's all I am doing for right now. Check my work and add to it.

Never test on Mario lol. Test on either Lucario or Ivysaur as they have weight values of 1.0.

Top Bottom