• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a secondary to compliment sheik

Fitty cent

Smash Rookie
Sheik is my main by far. i practically only play sheik and just mess around with other characters. so here's my dilema i don't have a serious secondary. i was wondering who would be a good choice for a secondary, like to counter all my bad matchups.(e.g. ice climbers compliment marth)

brickman

Smash Lord
Despite my previous posts about how I despise fox, I would suggest playing fox to speed up your game play as sheik. Playing fox forces you to play faster and to fast fall and l cancel every time if you are going to survive. These skills transfer, it is very important to pick him up. Spacies, ugh, yea they're good.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
Having a good hold on marth can help take care of sheik's more difficult matchups (fox, falco, ICs come to mind). However, be warned that you'll really need to learn the matchups with marth or he'll also have a difficult time.

Fox is also almost always a good secondary character to pick up simply because of how much he ends up helping your general gameplay and speed.

Banks

Smash Hero
fox, if you play sheik and fox well, there is really no counter...for anything. falco can give trouble to both, but i find you will only lose to people who are truly better than you if you have a good fox and sheik. a good sheik is great you will be at disadvantage vs good fox and falcos, and a solid fox ditto skill and fox vs falco can help alot. everyone else can be ***** by sheik pretty much.

TrageÐy ®

Smash Cadet
I'd reccomend Luigi, but that's only because I used to play as him, and that´s no indication of anything >_>"

Since Sheik is a pretty fast character, I'd reccomend you play as Falco (Especially against Projectile heavy characters *Samus)

Banks

Smash Hero
why would you want to play as anyone other than sheik vs samus? fox and falco do worse against a really good samus than a sheik would.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Yeah, I suggest ICs or Marth maybe. But sheik is cheap like marth (cheap as in lame combos) so maybe youd get bored. I would say Space animals if I didnt hate them so much, so ICs I guess.

Personally I main sheik with a mean jiggs . Average Foxes **** me too much....

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I agree with randizzle, Marth destorys the ice climbers due to range. Chaingrabs fox and falco and besides, you'd have two really cheap characters! what more can you ask for?

Randizzle

Smash Ace
I don't know...
With taunting, there's nothing quite as fun as playing falcon and running from one end of the stage, taunting, then running to the other end of the stage to another taunt before your opponent can catch you. Too bad the faster characters kind of like to ruin that.
Show me your moves!

soap

Smash Hero
i think falcon compliments sheik pretty well, not so much in terms of character matchups but stage counterpicks, sheik generally does better on small platform stages, and falcon does better on the big open levels. and falcon does alot better against iceclimbers, but i think falcon is too hard to actually be good with if you use him as just a secondary.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't know...
With taunting, there's nothing quite as fun as playing falcon and running from one end of the stage, taunting, then running to the other end of the stage to another taunt before your opponent can catch you. Too bad the faster characters kind of like to ruin that.
Show me your moves!
Hahahahaha, *******. Stop tormenting Zelda like that.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Depends on what your tough matchups are.

Either space animal is a good bet across the board, Ice Climbers could be great (space animals, sheik, Ice Climbers are no longer huge sheik problems), Marth could be good if you were adept with him.

Since you are already playing Sheik, getting a grasp on Zelda might not be that bad, depending on the matchups you have trouble with. It is a great boon to a Sheik player to be counterpicked by an IC and then win because they didn't hold A.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
i use shiek 2 but for a secondary i recomend falco before fox idk why but i tried both

chronofreak

Smash Apprentice
Game & Watch!

...On a serious note, if you can get their technical sides down pat, I'd recommend Peach or IC's.
Ha ha, yes! Use G&W! Seriously, I main with both Sheik and G&W; I'm equally good with them, but my performance depends on the fight. G&W for all the fast fallers, and Sheik for everyone else.

Top Bottom