• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Request About Pit's Glide

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
I really want to try and know everything about Pit and the only thing missing is his glide. The only time I've seen it was here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9sTO4MOBKrc

Thanks to therealssjlink for uploading the vid. This is one of the vids sent to owners of the game. Bassicaly I was wondering if someone could make a vid that demonstrates is properties, the glide attack, and if there is any real difference in between Pit's, Meta's, and Charizard's glide.

Thanks in Advance.:chuckle:

mezicanDragon

Smash Cadet
there is no guide at the moment. all exploits found with most charcters are being kept secret. as soon as someone spills the beans on all exploits then there will be some guides. but the best way to learn is to just play many people.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pit has a mediocre glide, assuming metaknight has the best, with much better maneuverability (jezus christ there where so much spell suck in that word) (and can glide twice and charrizard the worst maneuverability ) You do it by pressing and holding jump in the air,

I.E: when you've jumped, press jump again and hold

I.E 2: When you're hit to the sky, press jump and hold

Im practicing it atm, its very weird, if you steer your charra too high when starting the glide he'll stop the glide, as far as i've seen, the best thing to do is hod forward and press and hold Y at the same time, keep holding forward (or w/e direction makes him go in a straight line) and then you can manuever by using the controll stick.

Though I have the feeling that whenever you let the controll stick go during a glide, and then press a location (I.E. up) it'll go wrong.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I'm not VERY technically savvy with all of Brawl's ins and outs, but I've played a ton of Pit, so I've seen the glide in action. From what I've heard, there is a mechanism of Glide-canceling that would work as float canceling did, in that the attack out of the glide would would suffer no lag and leave you ready to perform another.

You can also perform a single attack out of the glide that is independent of any of his other moves. It's basically just a single slash in front of him in whatever angle he is heading. essentially its a quick slash out of the glide that has decent knock back and strength. I have killed people with it, but they'd have to be pretty high damage.

After you make the attack out of the glide you are brought back to normal and can move and use other jumps and saves as usual, but cannot glide again until you hit the ground.

Hopefully that's all helpful and I'm pretty sure everything I've said is accurate, but if anyone has any correction I would take no offense.

mezicanDragon

Smash Cadet
I'm not VERY technically savvy with all of Brawl's ins and outs, but I've played a ton of Pit, so I've seen the glide in action. From what I've heard, there is a mechanism of Glide-canceling that would work as float canceling did, in that the attack out of the glide would would suffer no lag and leave you ready to perform another.

You can also perform a single attack out of the glide that is independent of any of his other moves. It's basically just a single slash in front of him in whatever angle he is heading. essentially its a quick slash out of the glide that has decent knock back and strength. I have killed people with it, but they'd have to be pretty high damage.

After you make the attack out of the glide you are brought back to normal and can move and use other jumps and saves as usual, but cannot glide again until you hit the ground.

Hopefully that's all helpful and I'm pretty sure everything I've said is accurate, but if anyone has any correction I would take no offense.
nah everything u said is quite true. Pits best feature is his ability to recover and get through edge hoggers.

Top Bottom