• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U A Release Date That Doesn't Make Sense.

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
Ok, so you may know, that the Wii U version of Smash got pushed forward to 28th November in Europe. As someone who pre-ordered the Amiibo bundle, I was pretty excited. That was until I found out that the Amiibo bundle still wouldn't come out until 5th December. I would understand, if the Amiibo took longer to distribute, but that ain't the case. The Amiibo can be purchased separately from 28th November.

What the **** Nintendo?

MOD EDIT: Please do not bypass the censor.
~Venus

Last edited by a moderator:

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
Give it time. Most store dates are not updated yet.
Actually this is going off of Nintendo's own website, where they display the new release date for all other versions/bundles, but still they show the 5th December release date for the Amiibo bundle.

the8thark

Smash Lord
The Nintendo UK website confirms what you say. It makes no sense. I'd ask for more info on this. Since both the Amiibo and game are releasing a week earlier now.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I am pretty sure that the Amiibo lineup will be launched along with the game. IMO this is an honest mistake from Nintendo's part.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I am pretty sure that the Amiibo lineup will be launched along with the game. IMO this is an honest mistake from Nintendo's part.
The Amiibo are. It's this one specific product that has the mistake.

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
I sent Nintendo an email yesterday regarding the subject, but they haven't replied (probably because nobody works at the weekend). Hopefully we will get some clarification soon.

Something else that makes me worry, is that the Facebook post explicitly states,
"The Super Smash Bros. for Wii U + Mario Amiibo bundle will still release on 5th December"
This means it can't just be a simple mistake. I really want to know the reason why this is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raido

Smash Apprentice
They just didn't bother changing the release date of the bundle.

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
A Smash + Amiibo bundle is £49.85 on amazon.

Smash Bros by itself is £39.85 on amazon and a Mario Amiibo is £10 exactly.

It's exactly the same price so just buy them both separately? It's stupid that they haven't brought the release date for that specific bundle forward as well, but there's a very easy workaround for it.

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
A Smash + Amiibo bundle is £49.85 on amazon.

Smash Bros by itself is £39.85 on amazon and a Mario Amiibo is £10 exactly.

It's exactly the same price so just buy them both separately? It's stupid that they haven't brought the release date for that specific bundle forward as well, but there's a very easy workaround for it.
But that's not as environmentally friendly.:awesome:

But in all seriousness, I have sent Nintendo another email regarding the subject and if they don't explain/fix the problem, I'll probably just do what you said.

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
Probably an error with their distributor? I don't know, it's weird. Maybe you can try cancelling the Amiibo bundle and get them separate if you don't want to wait any longer than you have to.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
That's weird. If it doesn't change in the next week or so though, I'd consider cancelling and just getting them separately.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
More ticked off by the new gamecube controller not being part of the bundle in europe, why was that never explained?

Last edited:

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
A bit of a noobish (is that even a word?) question, but because I purchased the game using gift card credit, would I get refunded in said credit if I were to cancel the order?

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
More ticked off by the new gamecube controller not being part of the bundle in europe, why was that never explained?
Yeah I never really got that either, because as someone who's never owned a Gamecube controller I would have bought that bundle if it included the controller.

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
So, recently I got a reply from Nintendo as to why the bundle is coming out a week later:

"Thank you for your email regarding the release date of the Nintendo Super Smash Bros. Wii U and Amiibo bundle.

I am sorry to read about your disappointment on this bundle release date being set at 5th December 2014.

I can confirm that currently we have no official announcement as to why this item is set for this release date, however we sincerely appreciate your feedback on this matter and shall ensure that we pass this along to the relevant department for them to consider.

I apologise that we have no official update on this matter at this time, however if you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us."

So looks like we still are in the dark...

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I've already pre-ordered the bundle though.
Then if your questions aren't answered, just cancel the pre-order. I canceled the pre-order I had for the controller and adapter on Amazon when I found out I could just get them at the midnight release even without the need to buying the bundle.

the8thark

Smash Lord
But that's not as environmentally friendly.:awesome:
It'd be about the same. No extra packaging for just the game. But the Amiibo has packaging. The only real difference is if you want the larger with amiibo box or if you want to collect all the individual amiibo boxes.

Last edited:

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
It'd be about the same. No extra packaging for just the game. But the Amiibo has packaging. The only real difference is if you want the larger with amiibo box or if you want to collect all the individual amiibo boxes.
That's what it comes down to for me, I know it sounds silly, but it just seems cooler to have the bundle rather than buy them separately.

the8thark

Smash Lord
That's what it comes down to for me, I know it sounds silly, but it just seems cooler to have the bundle rather than buy them separately.
I can understand this. I really like the outer box for the Hyrule Warriors + scarf I bought. It's really pretty. And the SSB4 + Amiibo box looks really nice too. The SSB4+ GC adapter outer box does not look as nice but it's still a nice box. I'll have that on 29/11/2014

Top Bottom