• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A reason to change.

Vandire

Smash Cadet
Hello everybody.

My name is Tim "Vandire" Fletcher. I'm an Illinois Marth main for Melee and a Roy/Marth main for Project M. I'm an intermediate player who is still learning the ropes but on my way to become a better player. Recently, I have been having doubts about my own mains. It may be just my frustration with having problems with them, or in a case i've been having.. they seem bland.

It's just a forward throw to fairs and up airs all game. Recently, with Apex and VOD's, Ganon has been peaking my interest quite alot. Even when i first started playing, and I first saw Ganon in a match in Melee, I literally told myself, " This monster is pulling mid-air Gears of War curb stomps. I wanna do it." But, at the time, was told to pick a high tier to learn at a faster rate.

I've heard the Ganon family is an incredible family. I've been talking with Eikelmann and he told me you guys are the best family to grace Smash.

I'm willing to drop my high tier and learn entirely from scratch on this ruthless, violent, head kicking demon. Show me tips, vids, anything you got for me. Show me a reason to change.

-Vandire

Kar

Smash Rookie
Ganon isn't as bad as most people say, I personally think he's a viable character overall (except against Sheik lol). Also, as a Marth player, you already have a good counter against spacies who play the ganon match-up well.
The life of a Ganon main can be rude sometimes but you have some rewards. There's nothing better in Melee than feeling the fear you're giving to your opponent once you get the momentum/stage control with Ganon ;)
I'm obviously not the best player here so I will just suggest you to read this great guide, because knowledge is a key to get better with Ganon : http://smashboards.com/guides/how-to-wreck-es-with-ganondorf-the-master-guide-to-ganondorf.12/

The only bad thing that you have to know about playing Ganon is that you can't really play agressive with him. If you're ok with that then I can definitely encourage you to play him

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Good decision (yes, you've already made it, because I said so). Ganon for life.

Eikelmann (Ian) is correct. The G boards is a pretty good group. The threads that stickied are loaded with good info (as well as some occasional tomfoolery) and people like answering questions here. Just don't ask without looking around some first. There's lots to be learned.

Welcome!

Yort

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes I regret switching from my original marth plan to ganon. However, once I'm playing melee again I forget those regrets. Ganondorf is a very rewarding character.

Just play what character gives you more satisfaction and fun while playing. Test him first and see if you like it, don't draw your conclusion from bizz styling on people.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Sometimes when I'm feeling bad about being a ganon main and being punked by top tiers, I just play falcon/fox for a while, but I always come crawling back to ganon.

Serperior

Wobbler
Although I don't main Ganon and just have him as a pocket, I can confirm he is incredibly fun and not as bad as people say.

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
I dual main falcon and ganon for the time being, i strongly prefer ganon for marth and peach(sometimes). He's just such a fun character overall when you get those soul-crushing combos ending with a powerful stomp or fair.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Sometimes when I'm feeling bad about being a ganon main and being punked by top tiers, I just play falcon/fox for a while, but I always come crawling back to ganon.
lol this is me right now except it's with zelda/marth. zelda if i feel like i want a challenge. marth if i'm feeling bad about maining a mid tier

Top Bottom